- Use your advisor. The advisor is an excellent source of information for your academic questions. The advisor will also serve as a referral source if there are detractors in your life outside of academics that impact your ability to succeed.
- Attend class regularly, and when problems arise that prevent your attendance, consult with your teacher about the possibility of making up missed work. Class attendance can make the difference of a letter grade in a course.
- Evaluate your life and responsibilities that it holds. Are there detractors to your educational experience that adversely affect your ability to be successful in college?
- Is the number of hours you work interfering with your ability to be successful?
- Are you possibly taking more hours than you should in an attempt to attain your degree in the shortest amount of time?
- Are your financial obligations putting pressure on you to work more hours, and therefore, affecting your time management?
- Is your interest level in your chosen curriculum enough to encourage commitment to earning the degree?
- Have you considered whether or not you would benefit from academic, career, or psychological counseling and/or testing?
- Is there a need for assistance from the writing or tutoring centers?
- Please feel free to contact these offices for assistance:
|Career Testing and Job Placement Information||Career and Student Development (CSD) Center - Holbrook (Old Ranch)||475-5612||Email CSD
Visit CSD website
|Personal Development and Mental Health Counseling||Counseling Center
Kaufman Hall 167
|475-5136||Email Counseling Center
Visit Counseling Center website
|Financial Aid Information||Student Central||475-5065||Email Financial Aid
Visit Financial Aid website
|TOPS or Scholarship Information||Student Central||475-5065||Email Office of Scholarships
Visit Office of Scholarships website
|Support Services for Disabled Students||Office of Disability Services
Drew Hall 200
|475-5916||Email Office of Disability Services
Visit Office of Disability Services website
|Math and Science Tutoring||Tutoring Center
Kirkman Hall 129
|Visit Academic Computing Center|
|Writing Assistance||Write to Excellence Center
Drew Hall 234
|562-4206||Email Write to Excellence Center
Visit Write to Excellence Center website