Accolades & Awards
We Change Lives
Greater return on your investment (ROI)
- PayScale Inc. ranked the College of Engineering and Computer Science third among all engineering schools in the nation in
2017 in terms of career ROI – topping all engineering programs in the state of Louisiana!
- A four-year degree enables you to earn a million dollars more over your lifetime – for the same investment you would make to buy a small family car.
- McNeese ranks third among public and private schools in Louisiana for both the best average starting salary for its graduates and for the best college education value, according to SmartAsset, a New York City financial technology company. In the Best Value ranking, McNeese has the lowest tuition of the top 10 schools.
Competitive programs with leading universities
- U.S. News & World Report named McNeese one of the best regional universities in the South for the seventh consecutive year.
- The College of Business is among just 5% of the world’s business schools accredited by the AACS of Business International.
- OnlineColleges.com has ranked McNeese as the second most affordable college among the Top 10 schools offering online degrees in Louisiana and in the Top 5 online programs in the 2016 Top Colleges in the state based on affordability, student services and availability of online programs.
- AffordableColleges.com has recently recognized four of McNeese State University’s online bachelor’s and master’s degree programs among the top 50 national online rankings for programs that combine quality with affordability for its students.
- A McNeese assistant professor of biological science was one of 17 educators selected worldwide to participate at sea during the 2016 Nautilus Exploration Program expedition sponsored by the Ocean Exploration Trust. The professor spent three weeks in the summer sailing on board the exploration vessel Nautilus as it explored the ocean floor off the eastern Pacific Ocean. The same professor was selected to participate in the 2017 exploration as well.
- At the 29th Annual American Society of Civil Engineering National Concrete Canoe Competition, the McNeese team (pictured right) received the Spirit of Competition Award. A very determined team finished the race course with a broken, submerged canoe. McNeese beat out 21 other universities for the award.
- A McNeese art professor had his illustration of Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler used in a Super Bowl 50 national advertisement for Skittles.
- A McNeese alumnus won the 2013 Pulitzer Prize for fiction, and 2015 National Book Award.
- A new health systems management degree is preparing McNeese graduates for emerging jobs managing the business of health care.
- Radiologic sciences graduates have had a 99.8% pass rate on the national certification exam since the program was established in 1980.
- Students majoring in agricultural sciences have hands-on learning opportunities as early as their freshman year.
- The new Health and Human Performance Education Complex, which is anticipated to be completed around June 2018, will house the growing academic programs in health and wellness, health performance and sports medicine. Locating the building near the sports medicine and rehabilitation strength and conditioning facilities for the student-athletes will provide lab settings and internship opportunities for students majoring in health and human performance disciplines.
Excellence With a Personal Touch
- By displaying a genuine interest in our students and assisting them in ways that exceed expectations, we help them achieve their highest potential and make them feel valued as individuals.