Accolades & Awards
We Change Lives
Current McNeese State University Rankings
McNeese State University has been named:
- the #3 best school in Louisiana by Best Value Schools. (2021)
- in the Top 5 among public and private Louisiana universities for Best Average Starting Salary and Best College Education Value.
- #4 among Louisiana colleges for both bachelor’s and master’s degree programs by University HQ. (2022)
- #8 Best Colleges in Louisiana by Intelligent.com. (2022)
- a Hidden Gem College in the Southeast by College Raptor. (2022)
- one of the Best Regional Universities in the South by U.S. News and World Report for eleven consecutive years.
National Program Rankings
Here’s how McNeese bachelor’s and master’s degree programs rank in comparison to the thousands of degree programs offered nationwide:
- Our Master of Education in School Counseling is ranked:
- Top 25 in affordability by University HQ (2022)
- Our Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education is ranked
- #31 in affordability by University HQ (2022)
- Our online Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology is ranked:
- in the Top 25 for Best Online Bachelor’s in Sociology by Intelligent.com. (2022)
- Our Associate’s Degree in General Studies is ranked:
- in the Top 15 by Intelligent.com. (2022)
- The online Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology program at McNeese is ranked
- The Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology program at McNeese is ranked
- The Master’s Degree in Applied Behavior Analysis program at McNeese is ranked
- Our online RN-to-BSN program ranked:
- #31 in affordability by University HQ. (2022)
- Our online Master of Science in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner Degree program is ranked
- #68 by Intelligent.com. (2022)
- Our Master of Science in Nursing – Psychiatric/Mental Health Degree program ranked
- in the Top 10 for affordability and best online degree program by edumed.org. (2021)
- Our Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in is ranked:
- among the Top 45 public and private institutions in the nation for salary potential by PayScale.com.
Professional School Acceptance Rates and Exam Passage Rates
- 81% of McNeese graduates who applied to law school were admitted.
- 70% of McNeese graduates who applied to medical school were admitted.
- 90% of graduates majoring in pre-physical therapy are accepted into physical and occupational therapy programs.
- 100% of medical laboratory science graduates are hired in a laboratory, with 78% of graduates accepting an offer before commencement.
- Since the program began in 1978, radiological sciences graduates have a 97% passage rate on the National Certification Examination administered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Graduates in the Master of Arts in Psychology – Counseling Psychology have maintained a 100% passage rate on the state LPC licensing exam for over 10 years.
- Family nurse practitioner and psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner graduates all hold a 100% passage rate on licensure exams. (Spring 2021)
- The Spring 2021 nursing graduates scored a perfect 100% passage rate on the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX).
- McNeese Athletics has been the highest ranked Southland Conference program of the five Louisiana member schools for the Southland Conference Commissioner’s Cup for 10 consecutive years.
- McNeese has won a total of 52 Southland Conference Championships during its history in the league, tied as the third-most ever won by a school and the most by a Louisiana member.
- McNeese holds the conference record for most championships won in football (14) and softball (6) and has the second-most titles in men’s basketball (6) and men’s cross country (8).
- National Championship finals appearances for 28 consecutive years.
- Men’s team finished as 2020 Southern Region champions and the women’s team finished as reserve region champions.