Policy on University Committees
Date Enacted or Revised: August 31, 2015
The purpose of this policy is to provide guidelines for establishing and appointing University committees.
- Heads of divisions, colleges, departments, and other administrative units may establish and appoint members to committees as necessary within their respective units. However, University committees must be appointed by the president.
- Each University committee has responsibilities described in its committee charge.
- University committees should have appropriate representation to address the charge of the committee.
- University committees serve in an advisory capacity to make recommendations to the president.
- Each University committee must include a chair.
- Each University committee must record and maintain meeting minutes.
- The president has the authority to appoint task forces, ad hoc groups, and councils that may operate outside of these guidelines for a limited time or for a specific charge.
This policy is distributed via the Academic Advisory Council, the Administrative Advisory Council, Campus Digest, and the University Policies webpage.