Championship Ring Policy
Date Enacted or Revised: Enacted June 1, 2021
The following policy is written to clearly define the members of the organization and/or team who are eligible to receive a championship ring/award using Athletic Department Funds. Any persons receiving a ring/award outside of this list will be required to pay for the ring/award personally, or through an outside funding source. Each person must remain a member of the team, support staff or coaching staff for the full season in order to be eligible for the championship award.
- Head Coach
- Assistant Coaches
- Strength Coaches for that particular sport
- Graduate assistant Coaches
- Team Managers
- Student athletes
- Athletic Trainer for that sport
- Student Athletic Trainers for that sport
- Academic Counselors
- Sports information and Media support staff
- Sport Admin Assistant
- Athletic Administration (Determined by AD)
- University Administration (Determined by VP for Advancement)
Before the awarding of these gifts, a comprehensive list of recipients, and a price per gift must be approved by the Athletic Director in order to assure compliance with the above mentioned policy.
This communication is distributed through the Academic Advisory Council, the Administrative Advisory Council, the University Listserv, the University Policy Page, and through routine communication between departments.