Complimentary Admission, Registration, Lodging and/or Transportation Policy
Authority: Business Affairs
Date Enacted or Revised: June 2012; Revised January 2016; Revised August 2016; Revised March 2019
This policy is intended to provide information regarding complimentary admission, registration, lodging and/or transportation reporting requirements.
The Louisiana Code of Governmental Ethics requires clearance and approval in specified cases before public servants are allowed to receive complimentary admission, registration, lodging, or transportation. The law requires approval by the University, and the traveler is required to file a Complimentary Admission, Lodging and/or Transportation Disclosure Statement with the Board of Ethics within 60 days after acceptance of the complimentary travel.
To determine whether complimentary travel expenses are permissible and/or subject to clearance and approval, and to conform to state ethics law requirements, recipients should perform the following procedures:
- Complete the University Travel Request Form.
- PRIOR TO ACCEPTANCE of complimentary travel, submit the Travel Request Form along with a completed and signed Complimentary Admission, Registration, Lodging and/or Transportation Disclosure Statement to immediate Supervisor for approval.
- Supervisor will review, approve, and then forward the Complimentary Admission, Registration, Lodging and/or Transportation Disclosure Statement along with all travel documents to the appropriate vice president, who will seek a review from the McNeese Ethics Liaison.
- The McNeese Ethics Liaison will review and then forward the disclosure statement, travel request form, and supporting documentation to the Office of the President, which will provide a copy of the fully approved documents to the traveler.
- The Office of the President will submit the completed Disclosure Statement to the Board of Ethics promptly as required by law.
This policy is distributed via the Academic Advisory Council, the Administrative Advisory Council, the University Listserv, the university web-site, and through routine communication between departments.