The Smart Choice
McNeese State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (www.sacscoc.org) and is authorized to award associate, bachelor, master, and specialist degrees and post-baccalaureate, graduate, and post-master’s certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of McNeese State University.
A comprehensive list of other agencies included in the Board of Regents General Policy on Program Accreditation that have accredited or approved McNeese academic programs are as follows:
- AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International, 7777 South Harbor Island Blvd., Suite 750, Tampa, FL 33602-5730, P- (813) 769-6500, www.aacsb.edu/.
- ABAI – Association for Behavior Analysis International, 550 W Centre Ave Ste 1, Portage, MI, 49024-5364, P- (269) 492-9310, baab.abainternational.org.
- ACS – American Chemical Society, 1155 Sixteenth St. NW, Washington, DC 20036, P- (800) 227-5558, www.acs.org.
- ACEND – Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics, 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60606-6995, P-(312) 899-0040, ext. 5400, F-(312) 899-4817, www.eatrightacend.org.
- CAC/ABET Inc. – Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc., 415 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, P- (410) 347.7700, www.abet.org.
- CACREP – Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs, 1001 N Fairfax St Ste 510, Alexandria, VA, 22314-1587, P- (703) 535-5990, www.cacrep.org
- CAEP – Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation, 1140 19th St NW Ste 400, Washington, DC 20036-6610, P- (202) 466-7496, www.caepnet.org.
- CCNE- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education for American Association of Colleges of Nursing, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, P- (202) 887-6791, www.aacn.nche.edu/index.htm
- EAC/ABET Inc. – Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc., 415 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, P- (410) 347-7700, www.abet.org.
- JRCERT – Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182, P- (312) 704-5300, www. jrcert.org.
- NAACLS – National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences, 5600 N. River Rd., Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119, P- (773) 714-8880, www. naacls.org.
- NASAD- National Association of Schools of Art and Design, 11250 Roger Bacon Dr., Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190, P- (703) 437-0700, http://nasad.arts-accredit.org/.
- NASM – National Association of Schools of Music, 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248, P-(703) 437-0700, http://nasm.arts-accredit.org.
Other agencies that have approved or certified programs include:
- ACEI – Association for Childhood Education International
- ISTE – International Society for Technology Education
- BESE – Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education
- ELCC – Educational Leaders Constituency Consortium
- LBEDN – Louisiana Board of Examiners in Dietetics and Nutrition
- LSBN – Louisiana State Board of Nursing
- NAEYC – National Association for the Education of Young Children
- NCAA – National Collegiate Athletic Association
- NCSS – National Council for Social Studies
- NCTE – National Council of Teachers of English
- NCTM – National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- NSTA – National Science Teachers Association