Although all parking and traffic citation appeals will be considered the following grounds are typically insufficient, on their own, in order for the Appeals Committee to approve the appeal.
- Signs are not needed to enforce all regulations
- Lack of knowledge or understanding of the regulations
- Legal parking space was unavailable
- Improper display or failure to display the current parking hang-tag
- Inclement weather
- Late arrival for class, meeting, or appointment
- Parking in a handicapped space without the appropriate State and/or University documentation
- Parking in a fire lane for any length of time (no matter how brief)
Instructions for e-Appeal form:
All fields must be filled in to be considered for appeal. Improper e-Appeal forms can be rejected by the appeals committee. All appeals must be filed using this e-Appeal form. Failure to file a formal appeal within 7 (seven) days time limit shall constitute a forfeiture of all appeal privileges. You will be notified of the outcome of your appeal via e-mail of the committee's decision. You are strongly encouraged to attend the committee meetings. Notice: The decision of the appeal committee is final.
The Traffic Committee meets in the the University Police Department conference room located at 4314 Ryan Street in Lake Charles, LA.
Meetings will begin at 2:00 PM.
- August 30
- September 27
- October 25
- November 29 (Thanksgiving break is the week before)
- January 31
- February 21 (Mardi Gras break is the week after)
- March 28 (Easter is middle of April)
- April 25