Phi Alpha Theta
Your First Choice
Phi Alpha Theta is an American honor society for undergraduate and graduate students and professors of History. The society is dedicated to the promotion of the study of History through the encouragement of research, good teaching, publication and the exchange of learning and ideas among historians.
- at least 12 hours of history credits
- 3.1 or higher GPA in history
- 3.0 or higher overall GPA
- Membership is not limited to history majors
Benefits of Phi Alpha Theta Membership
- Provides evidence of academic accomplishments and scholastic efforts on a resume or C.V
- Eligibility for Phi Alpha Theta scholarships and awards program
- A one-year subscription to The Historian, a quarterly history journal
- Name printed in The Historian as a member of the society
- The opportunity to present papers at the regional meeting of Phi Alpha, held in conjunction with the Louisiana Historical Association annual meeting
- Honor cords, apparel, and jewelry available for purchase via the Phi Alpha Theta online store
Lifetime membership is $40. The McNeese Department of History may have available funds to pay this fee for eligible students.
Submit the application to Dr. Janet Allured.
Mail: Department of History, Box 92860, McNeese State University, Lake Charles, LA 70609
Office: Kaufman Hall 209-G