General Education Redesign Task Force Charge
The Smart Choice
- The Task Force will develop general education student learning outcomes.
- Engage the campus in a discussion about important graduate attributes.
- Attend professional development about curriculum and instruction.
- The University will redesign general education core courses and capstone courses to align with the new student learning outcomes.
- Arrange for the best professors to teach core courses with VL/instructor support.
- Provide faculty development in course and assignment design.
- Seek and resolve implementation challenges, such as those involving transfer credits and the workload on staff.
- Develop an efficient assessment process.
- The University will design co-curricular experiences for the first year that align with the new student learning outcomes.
- Create experiences through the Division of Student Affairs to enhance student learning.
- Execute the objectives of the QEP and seek other methods to improve advising.