Cowboy Camp: New Student Orientation
We Change Lives
WELCOME CLASS OF 2025
IT’S TIME TO REGISTER FOR COWBOY CAMP: NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
We’re excited that you’ll be joining us at McNeese State University! One of the first steps in becoming a McNeese student is to experience Cowboy Camp: New Student Orientation. New students will learn about university resources and services, meet new friends, faculty and staff and register for classes with their advisors.
Cowboy Camp: New Student Orientation is a mandatory class for all incoming students. To receive full credit, students must complete all parts of Cowboy Camp (New Student Orientation).
Cowboy Camp: New Student Orientation will consist of the following three parts:
- Complete the Virtual Cowboy Camp: New Student Orientation. Part of this requirement will be to complete the Online Orientation (Coming Soon)
- Attend the On-Campus Cowboy Camp
- Complete the Engage Program (This information will be provided to you at the On-Campus Cowboy Camp).
Cowboy Camp: New Student Orientation Dates:
June 3 – virtual
June 4 – on campus
June 23 – virtual
June 24 – on campus
July / August
July 12 – virtual
July 13 – on campus
August 13 – virtual
August 14 – on campus
*** Students will be required to stay at Cowboy Camp: New Student Orientation the entire time. If you arrive late or leave early, you will be required to attend another orientation.
Cowboy Camp: New Student Orientation Schedules
- Please note these are tentative schedules as some of the times and locations are subject to change.
- All students must complete the Online Orientation component and the Virtual Day Component prior to attending the On Campus day.
Cowboy Camp: New Student Orientation Virtual Day Schedule
**All sessions will be available via Zoom. The Virtual Day links will be provided via email prior to your scheduled Virtual Day **
10:30 am- Academic Department Sessions
11:30-12:30 p.m. – Break for lunch
1-2 p.m. – Financial Session
2-3 p.m. – Academic Services Session
3-4 p.m. – Student Services Session
Cowboy Camp: New Student Orientation On-Campus Schedule
7:30 a.m. – Check in – Recreational Complex
8 a.m. – Welcome in Recreational Complex
9 a.m. – Q&A with Peerleaders and Campus Tour
10:15 a.m. – Dean of Students
10:45 a.m.- Q&A with Peerleaders and Campus Tour
Noon – Lunch and Student Organization Fair
1 p.m. – Engagement Breakout Sessions
2:30 p.m. – Athletic Component
3:15 p.m. – Engagement Activity (Thinkfast Game Show)
4:30 p.m. – Awards and Closing
5:20 p.m. – Advising and Registration (students without a schedule)
Orientation Class Fee:
The fee for Cowboy Camp: New Student Orientation is $150.00 and is non-refundable. After attending Cowboy Camp, the fee will be assessed into the student’s tuition and fee bill. **Please DO NOT bring the $150.00 to Orientation.**
Cowboy Camp: New Student Orientation Registration:
Part One: Complete Online Orientation
ONLINE ORIENTATION STEPS:
- Click on the Online Orientation link below.
- Click on “Create A New Student Account” to create your account. Don’t forget your username and password.
- Log in and complete the Online Orientation.