Upward Bound is a program committed to servicing high school students from target schools in the area. This program provides fundamental support to participants in their preparation for college entrance. This program can serve a maximum of seventy-two participants. The goal of Upward Bound is to increase the rate at which participants complete secondary education and graduate from institutions of postsecondary education.
- Federal Eligibility Requirements
- Low-income and/or first generation college student
- Parent(s) with whom the student lives does not have a bachelor's degree
- Other Requirements
- Enrolled at Washington-Marion High School or LaGrange High School
- Must have a 2.5 grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale
- Committed to full participation in the program by adhering to policies and procedures
- Planning to attend college upon high school graduation
Rising 9th graders who will enroll in target schools and 10th graders currently enrolled at target schools may apply. The program provides opportunities for participants to succeed in their pre-college performance and ultimately in their higher education pursuits. The program is year round.