The Smart Choice
Career Assessments are a type of test designed to help you identify and understand your interests, work values, character traits, and preferences, which can help you make more informed decisions about what educational and occupational paths to pursue. Assessments can help with:
- Choosing a college major: understand and identify which fields of study suit you best
- Exploring career options: learn how various careers relate to your personal interests
- Career development: understand your individual strengths and weaknesses to increase work satisfaction
- Leadership development: deepen your understanding of your own personality type to help improve your management skills
Currently enrolled students can take the Focus 2 Career assessment online free at any time.
FOCUS 2 is a self-paced, online career and education planning tool for college students. It will enable you to self-assess your career-relevant personal qualities and explore career fields and areas of study that are most compatible with your assessment results. FOCUS 2 also provides valuable occupational information.
FOCUS 2 Provides:
- Career assessments
- Occupational information
- Videos about various career fields
- Career planning tools
- Career options by education level
- Side-by-side occupational comparisons
To Get Started with FOCUS 2
- First-time users: https://www.focus2career.com/Portal/Register.cfm?SID=1816
- Use the following ACCESS CODE when prompted – Cowboys
Choose a username and password for future use.
Remember, choosing a program of study and career path is your own responsibility and no assessment or career advisor can make these difficult decisions for you. However, FOCUS 2 is a great place to start and the Office of Career Development is here to help you weigh your options.