Career and Professional Development Services
The Smart Choice
The Career Center in the Office of Career and Professional Development Services is here to help students attain their career-related goals by encouraging the development of professional skills and by helping students connect with employment, internship, and networking opportunities. We also work closely with employers and recruiters through the Career Expo, Internship Soiree, and Education Professionals Recruitment Day.
The center provides a variety of career-related services, including:
- Help with exploring your major and related careers.
- Career guidance and advising.
- Help with professional document writing (resume, cover letter, etc.)
- Advice on interview preparation and techniques.
- Job search strategies.
We also have Handshake, an online recruiting and networking platform for McNeese students and alumni. On this board, you can:
- Create and upload your resume and career portfolio for job applications.
- Easily apply to jobs, internships, and co-op job opportunities.
- Access our events calendar, career/job search advice documents, podcasts, videos and more.
Employers can also search for talented students and alumni and post unlimited jobs for free. Sign up for a free account.
Recent local job postings on Handshake
Burton Business Center, Room 206A
Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.