The Office of the Registrar is comprised of several areas, including student records, athletic eligibility, and veteran affairs. The department supports the university's mission and goals and endeavors to be an effective resource for the students, faculty, and staff of the university. The department continually strives to meet changing student and university needs while staying abreast of technology innovations and higher education trends. The purpose of the department is:
- To evaluate transfer credit, military credit, and other nontraditional achievement of applicants and continuing students.
- To plan, implement, and support an academic registration system that adequately meets the needs of the students.
- To maintain an efficient student records system with an emphasis on timely access to student transcripts, enrollment verifications, and self-service online information.
- To support every academic unit on campus with student data as needed.
- To administer and efficiently implement academic policies of the university.
- To serve as the certifying agency for students who qualify for athletic participation and veteran benefits.