McNeese State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (www.sacscoc.org) and is authorized to award associate, bachelor, master, and specialist degrees and post-baccalaureate, graduate, and post-master's certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of McNeese State University.
A comprehensive list of other agencies included in the Board of Regents General Policy on Program Accreditation that have accredited or approved McNeese academic programs are as follows:
- AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International, 7777 South Harbor Island Blvd., Suite 750, Tampa, FL 33602-5730, P- (813) 769-6500, www.aacsb.edu/.
- ABAI - Association for Behavior Analysis International, 550 W Centre Ave Ste 1, Portage, MI, 49024-5364, P- (269) 492-9310, baab.abainternational.org.
- ACS - American Chemical Society, 1155 Sixteenth St. NW, Washington, DC 20036, P- (800) 227-5558, www.acs.org.
- ACEND - Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics, 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60606-6995, P-(312) 899-0040, ext. 5400, F-(312) 899-4817, www.eatrightacend.org.
- CAATE- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education, 2201 Double Creek Drive Suite, Round Rock, TX 78664, P-(512) 733-9700, F- (512) 733-9701, www.caate.net.
- CAC/ABET Inc. - Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc., 415 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, P- (410) 347.7700, www.abet.org.
- CACREP - Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs, 1001 N Fairfax St Ste 510, Alexandria, VA, 22314-1587, P- (703) 535-5990, www.cacrep.org
- CAEP - Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation, 1140 19th St NW Ste 400, Washington, DC 20036-6610, P- (202) 466-7496, www.caepnet.org.
- CCNE- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education for American Association of Colleges of Nursing, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, P- (202) 887-6791, www.aacn.nche.edu/index.htm
- CNEA - National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation, 2600 Virginia Ave NW, Washington, DC, 20036-1905, P- (800) 669-1656, www.nln.org
- EAC/ABET Inc. - Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc., 415 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, P- (410) 347-7700, www.abet.org.
- JRCERT - Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182, P- (312) 704-5300, www. jrcert.org.
- NAACLS - National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences, 5600 N. River Rd., Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119, P- (773) 714-8880, www. naacls.org.
- NASAD- National Association of Schools of Art and Design, 11250 Roger Bacon Dr., Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190, P- (703) 437-0700, http://nasad.arts-accredit.org/.
- NASM - National Association of Schools of Music, 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248, P-(703) 437-0700, http://nasm.arts-accredit.org.
Other agencies that have approved or certified programs include:
- AAHPERD/NASPE - American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance/National Association for Sport and Physical Education
- ACEI - Association for Childhood Education International
- CDR - Commission on Dietetic Registration
- ISTE - International Society for Technology Education
- BESE - Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education
- ELCC - Educational Leaders Constituency Consortium
- LBEDN - Louisiana Board of Examiners in Dietetics and Nutrition
- LSBN - Louisiana State Board of Nursing
- NAEYC - National Association for the Education of Young Children
- NCAA - National Collegiate Athletic Association
- NCSS - National Council for Social Studies
- NCTE - National Council of Teachers of English
- NCTM - National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- NSTA - National Science Teachers Association