Special Needs or Accommodations
The Smart Choice
Accommodations are made for both graduates and guests with special needs. Please contact Wesley LeJeune, Commencement Committee Chair, to discuss needs beyond those identified here.
- Graduates needing accommodations for the processional, floor seating, and/or recessional must contact Dr. Chris Thomas, Vice President for Student Affairs, by Tuesday, December 7.
- Seating arrangements at the end of a row will be made for graduates in wheeled chairs.
- Arrangements, such as limited walking requirements or preferential seating, will be made for graduates with other physical mobility challenges.
- An elevator is available on the west side of the coliseum.
- Upper-level seating areas at the coliseum feature landings where guests in wheeled chairs or guests unable to use stairs to access seating areas may sit during the ceremony. Space on these landings is limited, so guests wishing to sit on landings are encouraged to arrive early. Seating in these areas is first-come, first-served.
- Information on lodging in the Lake Charles area is available from the Southwest Louisiana Convention and Visitors Bureau.