We Change Lives
McNeese State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degrees and undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, graduate, and post-master’s certificates. Questions about the accreditation of McNeese State University may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
A comprehensive list of other agencies included in the Board of Regents General Policy on Program Accreditation that have accredited or approved McNeese academic programs is as follows:
- AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International, 7777 South Harbor Island Blvd., Suite 750, Tampa, FL 33602-5730, P- (813) 769-6500, www.aacsb.edu.
- ACS – American Chemical Society, 1155 Sixteenth St. NW, Washington, DC 20036, P- (800) 227-5558, www.acs.org.
- ACEND – Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics, 120 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60606-6995, 312/899-0040 (ext. 5400), http://www.eatrightacend.org
- CAC/ABET Inc. – Computing Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012, P- (410) 347.7700, www.abet.org.
- CCNE- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education for American Association of Colleges of Nursing, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, P- (202) 463-6930, www.aacn.nche.edu/index.htm.
- EAC/ABET Inc. – Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012, P- (410) 347-7700, www.abet.org.
- JRCERT – Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182, P- (312) 704-5300, www.jrcert.org.
- NAACLS – National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences, 8410 W. Bryn Mawr Ave., Suite 670, Chicago, IL 60631, P- (773) 714-8880, www.naacls.org.
- NASAD- National Association of Schools of Art and Design, 11250 Roger Bacon Dr., Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190, P- (703) 437-0700, nasad.arts-accredit.org/.
- NASM – National Association of Schools of Music, 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248, P-(703) 437-0700, nasm.arts-accredit.org.
- NCATE – National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, 2010 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036, P- (202) 466-7496, www.ncate.org.
- NLNAC – National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, 61 Broadway, New York, NY 10006, P- (800) 669-1656, www.nln.org.
- TAC/ABET Inc. – Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012, P- (410) 347-7700, www.abet.org.
Other agencies that have approved or certified programs include:
- AAHPERD/NASPE – American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance/National Association for Sport and Physical Education
- ACEI – Association for Childhood Education International
- CEC – Council for Exceptional Children
- ISTE – International Society for Technology Education
- BESE – Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education
- ELCC – Educational Leaders Constituency Consortium
- LSBN – Louisiana State Board of Nursing
- NAEYC – National Association for the Education of Young Children
- NCAA – National Collegiate Athletic Association
- NCTE – National Council of Teachers of English
- NCTM – National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- NSTA – National Science Teachers Association
- OAKE – Organization of American Kodály Educators