We Change Lives
McNeese State University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, P-404.679.4500, www.sacs.org, to award associate, bachelor, master, and specialist degrees. A comprehensive list of other agencies included in the Board of Regents General Policy on Program Accreditation that have accredited or approved McNeese academic programs follows:
- AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International, 7777 South Harbor Island Blvd., Suite 750, Tampa, FL 33602-5730, P- (813) 769-6500, www.aacsb.edu.
- ACS – American Chemical Society, 1155 Sixteenth St. NW, Washington, DC 20036, P- (800) 227-5558, www.acs.org.
- ACEND – Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics, 120 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60606-6995, 312/899-0040 (ext. 5400), http://www.eatrightacend.org
- CAC/ABET Inc. – Computing Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012, P- (410) 347.7700, www.abet.org.
- CCNE- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education for American Association of Colleges of Nursing, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, P- (202) 463-6930, www.aacn.nche.edu/index.htm.
- EAC/ABET Inc. – Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012, P- (410) 347-7700, www.abet.org.
- JRCERT – Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182, P- (312) 704-5300, www.jrcert.org.
- NAACLS – National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences, 8410 W. Bryn Mawr Ave., Suite 670, Chicago, IL 60631, P- (773) 714-8880, www.naacls.org.
- NASAD- National Association of Schools of Art and Design, 11250 Roger Bacon Dr., Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190, P- (703) 437-0700, nasad.arts-accredit.org/.
- NASM – National Association of Schools of Music, 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248, P-(703) 437-0700, nasm.arts-accredit.org.
- NCATE – National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, 2010 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036, P- (202) 466-7496, www.ncate.org.
- NLNAC – National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, 61 Broadway, New York, NY 10006, P- (800) 669-1656, www.nln.org.
- TAC/ABET Inc. – Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012, P- (410) 347-7700, www.abet.org.
Other agencies that have approved or certified programs include:
- AAHPERD/NASPE – American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance/National Association for Sport and Physical Education
- ACEI – Association for Childhood Education International
- CEC – Council for Exceptional Children
- ISTE – International Society for Technology Education
- BESE – Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education
- ELCC – Educational Leaders Constituency Consortium
- LSBN – Louisiana State Board of Nursing
- NAEYC – National Association for the Education of Young Children
- NCAA – National Collegiate Athletic Association
- NCTE – National Council of Teachers of English
- NCTM – National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- NSTA – National Science Teachers Association
- OAKE – Organization of American Kodály Educators