Brand, Logo and Trademark Usage Guidelines
We Change Lives
The University Marketing & Licensing Office
The McNeese trademark-licensing program oversees the use of the university brand, name and logos and is housed in the Office of University Marketing and Licensing under the direction of the President of the University. The name of the university and all university logos are owned by McNeese State University. All uses of the university’s name, department names, nicknames, and logos must be approved by the Office of University Marketing and Licensing. McNeese has contracted with Learfield | IMG College (CLC) to enhance the university’s efforts in this area.
Follow this link to review the university’s Trademark Licensing Policy.
Use the Logo Request to request a McNeese logo in an electronic format.
Logo Usage Guidelines
- Only official university logos are to be used when representing the institution.
- Any use of the university name, any University logo, or any item that is commercially produced and represents the university or any of its official groups, organizations, offices or departments requires prior review and approval from the Office of University Marketing and Licensing.
- Requests for approval can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it may take up to two weeks for review and approval.
- University marks cannot be altered or modified in any manner (including, but not limited to adding elements to official logos or covering part of logos with other elements, color changes, stretching or skewing, flipping, separating into parts or altering any part of any university logo).
- Depending upon the logo, the appropriate TM (trademark) or ® (federally registered) indicator must appear next to the logo every time the logo is used.
- Only officially licensed vendors should be used to produce items bearing any University logo, using the university name, or referencing the University in any manner. Exceptions can be granted on a case-by-case basis. Please email email@example.com for more information.
For any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.