Brand, Logo and Trademark Usage Guidelines
We Change Lives
The University Marketing & Licensing Office
The McNeese trademark-licensing program oversees the use of the university brand, name and logos and is housed in the Office of University Marketing and Licensing under the direction of the President of the University. The name of the university and all university logos are owned by McNeese State University. All uses of the university’s name, department names, nicknames, and logos must be approved by the Office of University Marketing and Licensing. McNeese has contracted with Learfield | IMG College (CLC) to enhance the university’s efforts in this area.
Follow this link to review the university’s Trademark Licensing Policy.
Logo Usage Guidelines
- Only official university logos are to be used when representing the institution.
- Any use of the university name, any University logo, or any item that is commercially produced and represents the university or any of its official groups, organizations, offices or departments requires prior review and approval from the Office of University Marketing and Licensing.
- Requests for approval can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it may take up to two weeks for review and approval.
- University marks cannot be altered or modified in any manner (including, but not limited to adding elements to official logos or covering part of logos with other elements, color changes, stretching or skewing, flipping, separating into parts or altering any part of any university logo).
- Depending upon the logo, the appropriate TM (trademark) or ® (federally registered) indicator must appear next to the logo every time the logo is used.
- Only officially licensed vendors should be used to produce items bearing any University logo, using the university name, or referencing the University in any manner. Click here for a list of Officially Licensed Vendors. Exceptions can be granted on a case-by-case basis. Please email email@example.com for more information.
To request a specific version of an official McNeese logo, fill out the form below. Please note that it may take up to two weeks to have your request fulfilled.
For any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Licenses must be obtained for the use of any McNeese trademark, image, or photograph used on any product sold to the general public or to campus departments and organizations. In addition, promotional licenses must be obtained by companies or organizations wanting to associate or co-brand with the University through any use of its trademarks.
McNeese has contracted with CLC to protect, manage and grow the McNeese brand. Vendors seeking to produce McNeese branded items for retail sales or direct sales to the university will need to obtain one of the following licenses with CLC. The application packet and more information can be found on CLC’s website,
The following licenses are available through CLC.
- Internal Campus Supplier – The Internal Campus Supplier (ICS) Agreement allows a company to produce merchandise bearing McNeese trademarks for university departments and official university groups for internal use only. (i.e. T-shirts for groups and organizations, identity materials like letterhead and business cards, campus signage, etc.) This license is royalty-exempt.
- Standard License – The Standard License is intended for companies that are capable of extensive production and retail distribution of their product(s) and/or are introducing a unique and commercially viable product to the collegiate market. This license is royalty-bearing.
Find a licensed vendor for specific
If you’re searching for a vendor that is licensed to produce a specific product using the McNeese name or logos, you can use the Licensee Search on the CLC website. If you can’t find the product you’re looking for, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Crafter’s License Program
Administered directly through the Office of University Marketing & Licensing
A crafter is defined as an individual producing handcrafted items in the home with collegiate marks, and selling/distributing to individual consumers via events or direct sales. This might include events organized by church, school, county, state, craft, holiday, Junior League, street festivals, gift marts, or flea markets. In addition, no more than 500 units may be sold per year and less than $2,500 total sales per year of products bearing any McNeese logo or trademark. Sales will be permitted on a wholesale basis or to a third party retailer, but must be pre-approved by the University.
- $100 annual administrative fee
- Sample/design required
- Royalties waived
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
GeauxBlue is what we call our community spirit initiative. If you’re looking for opportunities to get involved with the university we have the solutions!
Southwest Louisiana is Cowboy Country and we bleed blue and gold! To show our support for our home team, we wear blue on Fridays – not just during football season, but EVERY Friday! We invite all area businesses to participate in GeauxBlue Fridays by encouraging their employees to wear blue and tag us in a photo that they share in social media. Businesses that do this get a huge shout out to all of our followers each week as we re-share the posts!
If your business is interested in participating and you’d like to co-brand your shirts or other apparel, simply reach out to us at email@example.com or 337-562-4138 and we’ll help you get this done.
Geaux Pokes Discount Club
If your business offers discounts to McNeese students and/or employees, we want to help you spread the word! The Geaux Pokes Discount Club is a brand new initiative designed to strengthen our community ties and build awareness of all of the wonderful amenities Southwest Louisiana offers.
This program is open exclusively to SWLA businesses that offer discounts to McNeese students and employees. For a $50 annual standard membership, or $100 exclusive membership (i.e. the only pizza place, or the only sushi restaurant), members of the club will receive:
- Geaux Pokes door/window signage that informs students/employees about the discount
- Geaux Pokes 3’x5’ grommeted flag
- Promotion in university social media when classes are in session
- Opportunities for in-store co-branding with the university
Members must agree to participate in GeauxBlue Fridays and post photos of their employees wearing blue each Friday in their own social media.
To find out more about this exciting new program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 337-562-4138.
Office of University Marketing and Licensing
Box 91832, Lake Charles, LA 70609