Your First Choice
Undergraduate Transfer Checklist
Students transferring into nursing must:
- Apply to the University and meet admission criteria. The transfer student admitted to the University must be in compliance with the eligibility and retention-progression criteria for the BSN program;
- Contact the Department of Undergraduate Nursing to initiate a transcript(s) evaluation after a letter of acceptance for admission to the University is received;
- Provide a transcript of all previous college work to the Department of Undergraduate Nursing;
- Submit a course description and content from completed nursing courses to the Department of Undergraduate Nursing transfer advisor one semester prior to placement in the clinical nursing sequence, as requested;
- Complete 12 semester hours of course work or permission of the department head prior to enrollment in any 300 or 400 level nursing course; and
- Apply to the clinical nursing sequence (refer to application process). Once accepted in the clinical nursing sequence the student will not be allowed to transfer a nursing course from another university or college.
Students seeking admission to the Master of Science in Nursing program must meet all of the requirements for admission to the William J. Doré, Sr. School of Graduate Studies. Transfer students must meet the same admission requirements and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.