- Ability to use web browsers
- Ability to enter Uniform Resource Locators (URL's )
- Ability to download files from the Internet
- Be able to complete online forms
- Be familiar with web-based email
- Access to Internet Service - Dial up/56K modem minimum, cable modem preferred (the faster, the better)
- Printer (occasionally you may want to print documents)
- Monitor that will display at least 800x600 pixels (1024x768 preferred)
- Windows 2000 or better (XP, Vista) running Google Chrome (latest version) Internet Explorer (not recommended) or Mozilla Firefox (latest version).
- Pop-up blocking software may need to be disabled to properly access Moodle
- Although not required to use Moodle, Word Processing Software will be needed to view some course documents. Microsoft Office is preferred. Apache OpenOffice is acceptable. Apache OpenOffice is the leading open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and more. Other software that is also free and acceptable include Google Docs and LibreOffice. Using other word processing software besides Microsoft Office may require you to save files in Rich Text Format (RTF) or Text Format (txt) so your instructor can access them.
Students please contact the Help Desk 337-475-5995, if you have specific questions about computer requirements.