C.A.R.E. Mentorship Program
We Change Lives
Quick Registration Links
- Student Participant (Mentee) Registration Form
- CARE Mentor Registration Form (Employees and Approved Students)
The acronym C.A.R.E. breaks down as follows:
C (Connect) – Students will be connected to resources and opportunities the university offers.
A (Accelerate) – Students will accelerate progress toward completing a degree plan.
R (Retain) – Students will be retained due to the connections they build.
E (Engage)- Students will be engaged in the campus and student life.
The success of these outcomes will be achieved by connecting C.A.R.E. program students with a personal resource on campus that will serve as their mentor. Mentors are faculty/staff members of the university or successful graduate students and seniors that have a passion to assist with the development of their peers.
The C.A.R.E. program is operated within the Division of Student Affairs. It contributes to the academic and social wellness of McNeese students. The director of recreation & wellness programs and supporting staff will coordinate the day-to-day management of the program’s activity.
C.A.R.E. Program Mentors
- Individuals serving as C.A.R.E. mentors should be classified as full-time faculty/staff, graduate student, or senior undergraduate student (90+ credit hours completed).
- Undergraduate (senior) student mentors are required to hold a 2.5 or higher overall grade point average.
- Undergraduate students can only mentor students at the freshman level.
- Graduate student mentors are required to hold and maintain a 3.0 or higher overall grade point average.
- Graduate students can only mentor students on the sophomore and freshman levels.
- Faculty/staff mentors should be genuinely committed to the development of McNeese students.
- Mentor Registration
- Mentors are required to commit to one academic year. The commitment will be renewed annually beginning June 1.
C.A.R.E. Program Student Participants (Mentees)
- Any part-time or full-time McNeese student can be a participant in the C.A.R.E. program.
- Similar to prospective mentors, C.A.R.E. program students will complete an information form to collect information regarding the background and interests of the student to ensure they are matched with the most compatible mentor.
- Student Enrollment
- Students who voluntarily enroll in the program are encouraged to complete one calendar year in the program but are free to discontinue their participation when necessary. Written notice is expected if a student discontinues the program.
- Students who are enrolled in the program to fulfill a mandate must remain enrolled for one calendar year.
- Students may be mandated to enroll in the program for various reasons. These reasons include, but are not limited to: fulfilling a discipline or academic integrity sanction, as a condition for re-admittance due to academic suspension, as a condition for an admissions exception, or any other identified purpose a university faculty or staff member may mandate a student’s enrollment.
- Students are welcome to remain in the program as long as they are enrolled in classes at the university.
For more information about the C.A.R.E. Mentorship Program contact Recreation & Wellness Programs at 337-475-5277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.