Your First Choice
The student who indicates the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program as a major must meet University admission requirements and comply with academic regulations and policies.
The student who is admitted to the University must be in compliance with the published eligibility and retention-progression requirements of the BSN program. The student who has been denied progression in courses or dismissed from another nursing program will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Must receive approval from the Louisiana State Board of Nursing before being accepted into the BSN program. Failure to disclose this information constitutes falsification of documents and may result in delay or denial of admittance. The Louisiana State Board of Nursing will conduct a criminal records check on all applicants and graduates.
- Obtain an application for admission from the Department of Undergraduate Nursing informational meetings, office in Hardtner Hall;
- Pay the application fee;
- Attach the following to the application form:
- Completed Physical Examination Form;
- Completed medical management plan for any physical or mental health issue;
- Copy of current tuberculosis (TB) skin test results (must be PPD);
- Copy of current CPR card (must be CPR for healthcare professionals); and
- Copy of completed immunization record;
- Submit the application form with attachments to the Department of Undergraduate Nursing in Hardtner Hall by the announced deadline. Late applications and/or missing documents will not be accepted after the deadline;
- Submit the completed LSBN Application for Permission to Enroll in Clinical Nursing Courses form;
- Submit the completed Authorization for Criminal Background Check form;
- Submit two completed fingerprint cards. Fingerprinting must be performed by an authorized law enforcement agency (i.e., local police, state police or sheriff’s department);
- Submit a money order or cashier’s check made out to LSBN for processing clinical acceptance and for fingerprint record check (see application form for current price);
- Pay for, schedule, and take the standardized nursing entrance exam; and
- Present a picture ID in order to take the nursing entrance exam.