Department Head: Dr. Banamber Mishra
Non-business degree holders will be required to take preparatory (foundation) courses before taking MBA curriculum courses.
Preparatory Courses (Total hours = 15)
- ACCT 602: Financial Accounting Concepts
- ECON 602: Economic Analysis
- FIN 600: Fundamentals of Financial Management
- MGMT 604: Management Theory and Organization Behavior
- MKTG 605: Marketing Concepts
Undergraduate Business Equivalent to Preparatory Courses
Undergraduat Business Equivalent to Preparatory Courses
|Graduate Foundation Courses
||Undergraduate Equivalent Courses
|ACCT 602: Financial Accounting Concepts
||ACCT 208: Accounting Principles
and ACCT 241: Managerial Accounting
|ECON 602: Economic Analysis
||ECON 203: Principles of Microeconomics
and ECON 204: Principles of Macroeconomics
|FIN 600: Fundamentals of Financial Management
||FIN 310: Principles of Business Finance
|MGMT 604: Management Theory and Organizational Behavior
||MGMT 330: Organizational Behavior
|MKTG 605: Marketing Concepts
||MKTG 320: Marketing Principles
Without evidence of current experience in the academic area, foundation equivalent courses older than seven years must be repeated.
The final foundation courses may be taken concurrently with the first core course.
MBA Curriculum Courses (Total hours = 30)
Courses are offered in face-to-face, online, or a blend of both. Courses offered in class meet primarily in the evening.
Business Electives - 6 (cannot be a foundational course)
- ACCT 620: Accounting Information for Decision Making
- BADM 615: Operations Management
- BADM 618 International Business
- ECON 641: Managerial Economics
- FIN 620: Financial Management Policies
- MGMT 622: Organizational Behavior
- MKTG 620: Marketing Management
- MGMT 699: Seminar in Strategic Management and Business Policy
In addition to the general requirements for the admission to the Graduate School, applicants must meet the necessary departmental requirements to be admitted to the MBA or MBAO program.
The GMAT or GRE score must be submitted directly from the Educational Testing Service to McNeese State University. The test must be taken no more than five years from the date of submission.
GRE/GMAT and GPA Requirements
- minimum of 400 on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75.
- minimum of 286 on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) on the current scale and an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75.
- A minimum of 800 on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) on the old scale and an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75.
International students can apply only to MBA program. International students should apply to the Office of International Programs.
Domestic students should apply to the Dore’ School of Graduate Studies at McNeese State University.
All new MBA or MBAO students are required to demonstrate computer proficiency (i.e., word processing and spreadsheets). This proficiency may be demonstrated by acceptable credit in an academic computer course, passage of a proficiency exam, documentation of computer related experience, or other documentation approved by the MBA Program Director.
All MBA students are expected to have a relevant statistics course at the undergraduate level. If a student is lacking the course, the student will be required to take BADM 275.