Line Technician – McNeese Autism Program
Department - McNeese Autism Program
Number of Positions: 15
The Line Technician in the McNeese Autism Program within the Department of Psychology is a one-semester part-time position. All student employees are hired on a semester basis.
Salary: $7.25 per hour to start; $8.25/hour upon completion of initial training. Approximately 20-25 hours per week.
Employment Dates: Begins June 2020
- Implement behavior analysis interventions developed under the supervision of a board certified behavior analyst.
- Provide for safe and secure patient care in individual and small groups.
- Collect and record patient behavior data.
- Communicate regularly with patient, family members, caregivers, and supervisor(s).
- Document work in a timely fashion in accordance with established office and University procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of patient protected health information and records.
- Be enthusiastic and motivated to provide 1:1 behavioral intervention services to children and adolescents on the autism spectrum according to a consistent daily schedule.
- Have access to reliable transportation and a history of dependable and punctual work attendance.
- High school diploma required.
- Experience working with children preferred; students interested psychology, education, sociology, health and human performance, health systems management, or nursing strongly encouraged to apply.
- Successful criminal background check required.
- Prefer students who can work a minimum of 20 hours per week, 8:00 am – 5:30 pm Monday – Friday
Complete an application, which you pick up from the McNeese Autism Program office. Submit the application along with the following: a brief letter of introduction, resume with your current phone and email contact information, and a list of three references with daytime contact information (phone, email) to:
Farrar Hall 223
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
McNeese State University, located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, is a public university and a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and all supporting materials will become public record. All applicants are expected to submit complete and accurate materials as specified in the position announcement. A background check and an English Proficiency assessment will be conducted on selected finalists. We comply with Louisiana Revised Statute 49:1001, et seq, and State of Louisiana Executive Order 98-38, which provides for drug testing of employees, appointees, prospective employees, and prospective appointees. Prospective employees and employees are informed if a drug test is required.
McNeese State University is an AA/EEO/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires McNeese State University to inform applicants that the University can employ only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. Each new employee is required to present documentation verifying his/her identity and right to accept employment.
McNeese State University is a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and all supporting materials will become public record. An executive session pursuant to La. Rev. Stat. 42:6.1(A) may be required.
Persons needing reasonable accommodations as provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact the Equal Opportunity Office: Voice: (337) 475-5428; TDD/TTY, Hearing Impaired: (337) 562-4227; Fax: (337) 475-5960; or firstname.lastname@example.org.