In order to protect the University's primary core values which are a commitment to academics and student success, requests to film video or still photography on the McNeese property will be considered only if the production companies, producers, advertising agencies, and photographers are:
1. Properly registered, credible companies and/or individuals at the state and national levels of the industry in question;
2. Developing productions that are clearly complimentary of our role, scope, and mission as a public University supported by the taxpayers of Louisiana for the purposes of teaching, research, and public service;
3. Capable of providing an initial minimum security deposit of $10,000, in the form of a cashier’s check drawn on a bank selected by the University. The security deposit will range from a minimum of $10,000 to a maximum of $100,000 depending on the number of days required and the scope of the project. This deposit is due a minimum of two weeks prior to the date production will begin. The deposit is fully refundable, less a $2,500 administrative fee, if the request is denied by the University. The University reserves the right to retain the deposit for up to 45 days after the end of production to ensure that any and all damages have been identified and resolved.
4. Capable of providing evidence of insurance coverage, as stipulated by the State of Louisiana Office of Risk Management, must be submitted with the request. This evidence must be submitted in the form of a Certificate of Insurance listing McNeese State University as an additional insured. The University will verify that, at a minimum, the insurance coverage includes:
· Commercial General Liability: $1,000,000 combined single limit per occurrence for bodily injury, personal injury and property damage.
· Workers' Compensation and Employers Liability: Workers' Compensation Limits as required by the Labor Code of the State of Louisiana and Employers Liability coverage. Exception: Employers Liability to be $1,000,000 when work is to be over water.
· If lease requires use of vehicles on campus other than simply driving to and from campus automobile liability must also be provided. The minimum limit is $1,000,000 combined single limit per accident for bodily injury and property damage.
· When personal equipment is used by the lessee proof of property coverage must also be provided.
· An indemnification Agreement must also be completed and returned to the University before any production
Requests for permission to shoot still photography or video for personal use by the general public will be considered on a case by case basis. Generally, still photography for the purpose of wedding pictures, graduation pictures, and related personal use by University students, employees, and alumni is permitted upon individual request and approval by the University. Photography or videography for the purpose of non-personal use (demonstrations, commercial advertising, etc.) are not considered to function within the role, scope and mission of the University and are generally not permitted. Prior written approval for photography or videography of the campus, facilities or
students for use in political campaigns must be obtained from the Office of Media Services and approved by the University President.
All requests must be submitted in writing at least 90 days prior to the requested production dates to the Office of Media Services. Each request will be reviewed and evaluated by the Director of Facilities and Plant Operations, Director of University Police, Dean of Student Services and the Director of Media Services prior to submission to the Executive Staff for final approval.
In reviewing requests, the University will consider the implications of the request on the freedom of movement and protected right of privacy of students and employees, interruptions of parking and traffic flow, heightened security costs, increased physical plant operations costs, safety of students, employees and visitors, and disruptions to the normal course of business and class schedules. The University Police Department is solely responsible for providing security at all events and activities that take place on any McNeese State University property.
In addition to the security deposit and insurance requirements, the University will also assess a facility rental fee, and submit an estimate for the University’s personnel cost for providing required security and facility access. A final statement will be provided by the University within two weeks of the conclusion of the production. Payment is due upon receipt of the invoice.
The University reserves the right to review all final scripts, videos, photos, and other forms of advertising or commercial projects prior to release.