Current Status: - McNeese is operating under normal conditions.
Crisis and Emergency Communication
The safety of our students, faculty, staff and visitors is important and the University will provide current information about any situation that impacts the campus as soon as it is available using a combination of the following methods:
- Web (Home page, Portal, Moodle)
- E-mail: Broadcast message to campus e-mail addresses
- Text Messaging: Broadcast message to cell phones of students, faculty and staff (Everbridge)
- Outdoor Public Address System: Broadcast message to outdoor public areas, parking lots and parking garage
- Campus Information Line (475-5000)
McNeese Emergency Teams and Phases of Operation
McNeese State University has an agreement with Everbridge to deliver emergency information by SMS text, voice and/or email messages. McNeese will use the Everbridge System to provide information and directions related to significant events that pose a threat to the campus community.
All students and employees official McNeese email addresses are automatically registered with Everbridge. Cell phone, landline phone numbers and alternative email addresses entered in the Banner System are also registered with Everbridge.
To view or change phone numbers and alternative email addresses, go to the MyMcNeese Portal and click on the “Self Service Banner” tab at the top then click on “Personal Information” Updates to Banner are sent to Everbridge daily.
Planning for Hurricane Season
- Fox 29
- McNeese Radio 88.3 FM (KBYS)
- Radio 92.9 FM (The Lake)
- Radio 107.5 FM (JAMZ)
- Radio 99.5 FM (Gator)
- Radio 92.1 FM (KISS FM)
- Radio 1290 AM (JKEF-Jennings)
- Radio 1470 AM (KLCL)
- Radio 96.1 FM (KYKZ)
- Radio 101.3 FM (Rock 101)
- Radio 103.3 FM (Jack FM)
- Radio 97.9 FM (Hot 97.9)
- Radio 1400 AM (KAOK)
- Radio 104.9 FM (KZWA)
- American Press Newspaper