Welcome to the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness! We serve McNeese State University by providing leadership and evidence for a range of institutional needs including regional and professional accreditation, federal and state reporting, and ad hoc research for internal and external stakeholders.
Our office is dedicated to integrity in all that we do. We aim to provide accurate, consistent, and unbiased data and information, and ensure fairness and timely feedback in coordinating curricular processes, program, unit, and institutional reviews. As a research and decision-making unit within an educational institution, we strive to provide clear explanations of our methodologies, operate on reasoned and principled decision-making, and advise our clients on uses and limitations of the analysis we provide. For more specific details on our roles and services, please click on the IRE Staff/Services link.
Our MissionThe mission of the Office of Institutional Research & Effectiveness is to provide leadership and support for the institution's operational and strategic decisions and facilitate processes that ensure continuous improvement. The Office's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing data and analysis to support the institution's mission and strategic goals;
- Ensuring compliance with SACSCOC principles of accreditation and satisfactory maintenance of professional accreditations;
- Ensuring timely and accurate completion of federal and state reporting requirements;
- Providing support for academic program analysis and professional accreditation;
- Improving the university through original research projects, education, and resources to aid in curriculum development, assessment, and continuous improvement for academic and administrative units.
Our CommitmentIRE adheres to the Code of Ethics and Professional Practice established by the Association for Institutional Research and SACSCOC Principles of Accreditation 1.1 (Integrity). These documents guide our professional practice and outline our professional values, which include a commitment to continuing education; objectivity; fairness; confidentiality; and, above all, integrity. Our Office strives to be an objective, trusted resource for all campus constituents. See also our statement on .
Please contact the IRE Office at (337) 475-5510 at least 72 hours before any events sponsored by this office to request accomodations for individuals with disabilities. This includes the need for materials in an alternative format such as large print or Braille, sign language interpreters, accessible seating, and accessible parking information.