Although all parking and traffic citation appeals will be considered the following grounds are typically insufficient on their own:
- Signs are not needed to enforce all regulations
- Lack of knowledge or understanding of the regulations
- Legal parking space was unavailable
- Improper display or failure to display the current parking hang-tag
- Inclement weather
- Late arrival for class, meeting, or appointment
- Parking in a handicapped space without the appropriate State and/or university documentation
- Parking in a fire lane for any length of time (no matter how brief)
Instructions for e-Appeal form:
All fields must be filled in to be considered for appeal. Improper e-Appeal forms can be rejected by the appeals committee. All appeals must be filed using this e-Appeal form. Failure to file a formal appeal within 7 (seven) days time limit shall constitute a forfeiture of all appeal privileges. You will be notified of the outcome of your appeal via e-mail of the committee's decision.
The Traffic Committee meets in the the McNeese Police Department conference room located at 4314 Ryan Street in Lake Charles, LA. Meetings will begin at 2:00 PM.
You are strongly encouraged to attend the committee meetings. Notice: The decision of the appeal committee is final.