Report All Threats of Violence Immediately to University Police at 475-5711 or 911.
- Do not attempt to apprehend or interfere with a violent individual except in cases of self-protection
- Leave the area as quickly as possible and advise others to do the same
- Assist those with disabilities as you are able
- If you are unable to safely leave the area, seek refuge in another room where you can lock the violent person out
- Be aware that some types of ammunition are able to penetrate doors. Avoid holding doors closed with your bodyweight.
- Listen for directions from law enforcement and follow them to the best of your ability.
- Remember, it will be difficult for authorities to distinguish between victims and suspects. Make certain your hands are visible and make no threatening gestures.
- Be aware that the priority of actions for law enforcement officers will be to stop the active shooter or violent situation, to rescue any victims, to provide first aid as able, and finally to preserve the crime scene