About UsThe Write to Excellence Center mission is to facilitate academic success by aiding students in strengthening writing skills. The Center offers feedback on written work for all McNeese students, faculty, and staff. The Center provides the following services:
- Students can receive helpful tips and assistance with all aspects of the writing process, including brainstorming, development of thesis, citations, and many, many more!
- Students can receive tutoring assistance in any discipline or form of professional development, including but not limited to resumé development, reports in technical fields, creative writing projects, and academic writing and/or publications.
- Students are invited to So, You Like to Write? for the dynamic sharing and discussion of student-created work in the Writing Center on Fridays at 12:30.
- Students have access to specialized history tutor services. Schedules vary by semester.
- International students and non-traditional students can schedule appointments with tutors who have specialized training.
- Non-students are invited to free tutoring at the Write to Excellence Center. Our tutoring services are open to the public.
Visiting the CenterWalk-ins are welcome, but students are encouraged to schedule a tutoring session through our website: https://mcneese.mywconline.com
(During the summer, you must make an appointment.)
Location & HoursDrew Hall, Room 234
Monday-Thursday: 8:30am - 5:30pm;
Fridays: 8:30am - Noon
Contact UsPHONE: (337) 562-4205