Through the College Level Examination Program, a national standardized testing program, both non-traditional and traditional students can earn college credit by examination. Credit will be awarded by the Office of the Registrar for satisfactory scores as specified in the chart. Additional information may be obtained from the Office of the Registrar.
CLEP subject examinations are administered on the computer as a 90 minute exam, and therefore, score reports are available upon completion of the exam. Official results are mailed from CLEP directly to you and the institution you indicate at the time of the test. CLEP essays are scored by the institution that will be granting credit. All essay tests that are for McNeese credit will be evaluated by McNeese faculty and the appropriate credit will be awarded
McNeese State University is an official CLEP Test Center (College Code 6403) and offers the examinations at regularly scheduled intervals.
|MCNEESE EQUIVALENT||SEM HRS|
|American Government||50||Government 201||3|
|American Literature||50||English 301-302||6|
|Analyzing and Interpreting Literature|
|Business Law, Introductory|
|Calculus with Elementary Functions||50||Math 190||3|
|College Algebra||50||Math 113||3|
|College Composition Modular||50*||English 101-102||3 or 6|
|English Composition with Essay|
|English Literature||50||English 201-202||6|
|Financial Accounting||50||Accounting 208||3|
|French - Level 1||50||French 101-102||6|
|French - Level 2||59||French 201-202||6|
|German Language||50||German 101-102||6|
History of U.S. I:
(Early Colonization to 1877)
History of U.S. II:
(1865 to Present)
|Human Growth and Development|
|Info Systems & Computer App||50||Computer Studies 101||3|
|Introductory Psychology||50||Psychology 101||3|
|Introductory Sociology||50||Sociology 201||3|
|Intro to Educational Psychology||50||Psychology 211||3|
|Marketing, Principles of|
|Microeconomics, Principles of|
|Precalculus||50||Math 170, 175||6|
|Principles of Macroeconomics||50||Economics 204||3|
|Principles of Microeconomics||50||Economics 203||3|
|Social Sciences and History|
|Spanish - Level 1||50||Spanish 101-102||6|
|Spanish - Level 2||63||Spanish 201-202||6|
Western Civilization I:
(Ancient Near East to 1648)
Western Civilization II:
(1648 to present)
To take a CLEP test, students must first register through the CLEP website, then scedule an appointment with the Testing Services Office.
To schedule an exam please follow these steps:
- Go to http://clep.collegeboard.org, then click on “CLEP for Test Takers”
- Under “Next Steps,” go to “register to take an exam”
- Follow the prompts to set up your Account, and then to actually register to take a specific exam, and pay the test fee of $80.00
- Go to http://www.mcneese.edu/testing, Click the button labeled “Schedule Your Exam Now.”
- Select the exam and most convenient date and time.
- Fill in the prompts to register for the test, and pay the testing fee of $35.00.
- If you are unable to pay online, please contact the Testing Office (337) 562-4311 to set up a testing appointment, you must pay the testing fee at the Cashier’s Office in Smith Hall prior to test administration.
- Receipt of payment must be shown in the Testing Office.
McNeese charges a $35.00 administration fee for all computer based tests and a $10.00 administration fee for all essay tests.
On the day of testing, students must bring:
- CLEP Exam Registration Ticket, with Voucher ID clearly visible
- Valid, acceptable identification (more information on acceptable forms of identification is available on the CLEP website)
- Proof of payment of administration fee
You must wait 3 months before retaking the same CLEP exam.