The Office of Research Services and Sponsored Programs functions as the focal point of McNeese State University's research activities. All grants and contracts are processed through Research Services for approval, budget verification, reproduction, and submittal to the appropriate funding agency. Upon award, all grants and contracts are administered by Research Services. Research Services maintains a library of grant and contract sources and provides assistance to faculty in grant/contract preparation and submittal.
ALL GRANT PROPOSALS AND CONTRACTS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH THE OFFICE OF RESEARCH SERVICES AND SPONSORED PROGRAMS (RSSP). RSSP IS RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AUTHORIZED SIGNATURES AND CERTIFICATIONS FOR SUBMISSIONS ON BEHALF OF MCNEESE STATE UNIVERSITY.
The Office of Research Services and Sponsored Programs seeks to increase the capability and competitiveness of McNeese State University faculty and staff to receive internal and external funding for research, creative expression, faculty and student enrichment, and program development. In accomplishing this mission, Research Services:
- Encourages faculty and staff to write and submit proposals
- Educates faculty and staff on grantsmanship by offering regularly scheduled training sessions and workshops
- Assists faculty and staff in identifying potential funding sources by publishing a monthly newsletter, emailing RFPs, and conducting individual searches
- Provides faculty and staff with guidance on proposal content and submission procedures by editing rough drafts and generating constructive feedback
- Aids faculty and staff in the internal proposal review process assuring compliance with Federal, State and University policies, procedures and regulations
- Submits grants to the funding agencies on behalf of the author(s) and McNeese State University
- Aids faculty and staff with contract administration once funding is received
7:45 am - 4:30 pm. The Office is open through lunch time.
|Director||Janet Woolman||Box 90655||Drew Hall 224||(337) 475-5125||(337) email@example.com|
|Grants Coordinator||Jeannie Robertson||Box 90655||Drew Hall 224||(337) 475-5124||(337) firstname.lastname@example.org|