Pencils are not the only tools for drawing. You'll discover the joys of drawing with many different types of media. You'll create artworks with pencil, charcoal, ink, and even more. This class will help you creatively expand your knowledge and skills in drawing through hands-on activities. The culmination of the class will be a paper-making workshop where you will create your own handmade paper to draw on using your favorite medium.
Jan. 21, 28, Feb. 4, 11
|Time||6:00 PM - 7:30 PM|
|Price||$75 Until Jan. 14
$85 After Jan. 14
To register, please call (337) 475-5616
- Sketch pad - any size and paper type - recommended Strathmore brand 18'X24'.
- Day 1: Pencil - Art pencils, mechanical pencils, and/or regular old #2 are acceptable. A good eraser - recommended - the retractable stick type, and a sharpener.
- Day 2: Ebony pencil color, tortillion or paper stump (optional)
- Day 3: Charcoal. Vine charcoal (lighter and softer), compressed charcoal (darker and denser), and/or charcoal pencils are acceptable. Charcoal eraser (You do not need a special kind of eraser just one that you do not mind getting very dirty) I recommend the white vinyl kind. Optional: a drawing chamois (this helps with creating washes) and workable fixative (this keeps your drawings from smudging)
- Day 4: Colored pencils, more than a six pack
- Day 5: Ink pen (any type)
- Day 6: Markers
Supplies available at art supply stores, such as Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or the McNeese Book Store.