Skip to main content

Study Abroad

Study Abroad

McNeese State University students wishing to study abroad have several opportunities depending on their interests and area of study. Programs are offered in England, France, Belgium, Mexico and Greece. Students interested in study abroad opportunities should discuss their options with their academic advisors or appropriate faculty in the department offering the study abroad course. Students should seek pre-certification of any possible transfer credit before engaging in any educational programs abroad. Failure to request pre-certification of transfer credit may result in limited transferability of coursework completed abroad.

College of Business:
Students from the College of Business with at least two years of college-level French may choose to study for up to two semesters at the Ecole Superieure Libre des Sciences Commerciales Appliquées (ESLSCA) in Paris. This is a reciprocal exchange program, and McNeese students participating in this exchange opportunity continue to pay only McNeese State University tuition and fees. Fees for room and board associated with living in Paris as well as books and travel expenses are the student's responsibility. Students must enroll in BADM 400 and must receive the recommendation of the department in order to participate in this exchange program.

Additionally, McNeese State University, as part of the University of Louisiana System, has a reciprocal exchange agreement with the Ecole de Management de Normandie (NBS). The NBS has branch campuses in Le Havre, Caen, Deauville and Cherbourg France. Students who meet the minimum qualifications may study for up to two semesters at the NBS. Similar to the ESLSCA exchange, regular tuition and fees are paid to McNeese State University and students are responsible for all other costs associated with the study abroad experience The NBS exchange is also open to interested faculty whose area of expertise, teaching or research, is conducive to the exchange.

College of Engineering:
The College of Engineering has an Agreement of Cooperation with the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM), which allows engineering students who are admitted to UNAM as an exchange student to have non-resident fees waived per the terms of the agreement.

Department of Languages:

French: Students majoring in French or in French Education may be eligible for a scholarship to study in Belgium or France through the CODOFIL program. Summer study opportunities are available for four weeks in Belgium. Students interested in a full-year study opportunity may opt between Belgium or France. More information regarding the CODOFIL scholarship is available at

Spanish: Students studying Spanish may choose to study in Saltillo, Mexico during the interim break between the summer and fall terms. Students need to register for SPAN 411 and may earn up to 9 credit hours.

English: Students from all majors may opt to study American Literature and Art History (alternate course may be offered depending on faculty availability) in Greece over the summer term.

McNeese in London:

Through a consortium relationship with Midwestern State University, McNeese students have an opportunity to study in the heart of one of the most exciting cities in the world.  Undergraduate as well as graduate level courses will be offered. All classes will be a six credit hour course with three hours awarded for lecture and three hours for individual research. Classes will be small and include a mixture of lecture, guest lecture, field experience, and individual research. Classes meet at Queen Mary, and credit hours are awarded by Midwestern State University and will be transferred to the student's home institution. American faculty from McNeese, Midwestern, Tarleton State, University of Houston-Victoria, and New Mexico State University will direct each class and will be responsible for a student's final grade. For more information visit the McNeese in London web page or email

Students interested in other non-University sponsored programs may wish to consult, which has a comprehensive listing of reputable study abroad providers. This site also provides important information about safety, health, and other issues related to studying abroad. Students participating in University-sponsored programs are required to purchase medical insurance and sign a waiver.

More information regarding travel tips and obtaining a US passport may be obtained at the US Department of State web site: Important travel advisories are also posted on the Department of State web site. If you are required to have a student visa for the country in which you wish to study, you will need to contact the country's embassy and follow their instructions.