"Students Performing with Untiring Rowdy Spirit"
The SPURS program supplements out-of-state fee costs for McNeese students, while enhancing school spirit and pride through the campus involvement of SPURS members.
The purposes of SPURS are:
· to promote student participation at campus activities and athletic events
· to provide student leadership opportunities
· to promote campus spirit through performance at athletic events
· to be goodwill ambassadors for the athletic department and the University
- Must be in good academic and discipline standing with the University
- GPA: 2.5 or higher overall
- Enrollment: Must be enrolled in no less than 12 credit hours
- Complete the SPURS application
- Participate in an interview upon request
Once accepted into the program through an application process, SPURS students are required to attend a minimum number of athletic competitions, student life programs, and SPURS meetings to remain in compliance. Each semester the schedule of approved SPURS activities will be generated by the Student Union & Activities Office.
At each approved SPURS program, a campus officail is present to verify attendance. In order to receive credit for attending a program, students must be present for the entirety of the program and sign out upon dismissal. Those not following these instructions will not receive credit. The Fall 2016 SPURS schedule will be released at the first scheduled meeting.
If a SPURS student is deemed non-compliant due to not fulfilling the program attendance requirements or other stipulated criteria, they must be granted an appeal to remain in the program.
- If you have questions regarding your SPURS application or active status, contact the Office of Scholarships at 337-475-5140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can contact the Student Union & Activities Office with any questions or concerns you may have regarding SPURS Activities: 337-475-5609 or email@example.com..