"Students Performing with Untiring Rowdy Spirit"
The Student Union & Activities Office is the administrative authority to oversee the SPURS program. This program supplements out-of-state fee costs for McNeese students, while enhancing school spirit and pride through the campus involvement of SPURS members.
The purposes of SPURS are:
· to promote student participation at campus activities and athletic events
· to provide student leadership opportunities
· to promote campus spirit through performance at athletic events
· to be goodwill ambassadors for the athletic department and the University
- Must be in good academic and discipline standing with the University
- GPA: 2.5 or higher overall
- Enrollment: Must be enrolled in no less than 12 credit hours
- Complete the SPURS application
- Participate in an interview upon request
Once accepted into the program through an application process, SPURS students are required to attend a minimum number of athletic competitions, student life programs, and SPURS meetings to remain in compliance. Each semester the schedule of approved SPURS activities will be generated by the Student Union & Activities Office.
SPURS applications are now being accepted for those who wish to apply for the spring 2015 semester and beyond.
At each approved SPURS program, a Student Union & Activities staff member or Graduate Assistant will be present with a sign-in sheet. In order to receive credit for attending a program, students must be present for the entirety of the program and sign out upon dismissal. Those not following these instructions will not receive credit.
The spring 2015 schedule will be released at the first meeting of thr spring semester, Thursday, January 29 at 4:00pm in Baker Auditorium.
If a SPURS student is deemed non-compliant due to not fulfilling the program attendance requirements or other stipulated criteria, they must be granted an appeal to remain in the program.
You can contact the Student Union & Activities Office with any questions or concerns you may have regarding the program: 337-475-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org..