Skip to content

Javascript Disabled. To take full advantage of the new McNeese Website, please enable javascript or change browser options

Reporting Options

We Change Lives

Who do I report incidences of sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and/or stalking to?

1) You can make a report to the Title IX Coordinator on campus (Dean Kedrick Nicholas, 337-475-5610). The Title IX Coordinator will conduct an investigation regardless of whether or not you decide to report the incident to the police.

2) You may choose to pursue action through the campus judicial system if the offense was committed by another student. The Office of Student Services (337-475-5609) is available to advise students of their rights under the Code of Student Conduct.

3) You may choose to report the incident to the police. University Police can be contacted at 337-475-5711.

4) You may seek assistance through the on-campus Counseling Center. Incidents reported to the Counseling Center will remain completely confidential. Mental health counselors on campus are considered exempt from mandatory reporting under CLERY standards. 

5) Many faculty and staff on campus are considered mandated reporters (CSA’s) under CLERY standards, and therefore are required to report any instances of sexual assault, stalking, intimate partner violence, or other sexual violence to University Police and the Title IX Coordinator. Mental health counselors and pastoral counselors are the only individuals on campus who are considered exempt. 

6) If you are uncomfortable with speaking with a person, you can report anonymously using two reporting options: