Publication Page Charge and Reprints Cost Policy
We Change Lives
The Office of Research Services and Sponsored Programs has been allocated a small amount of money to help MSU faculty pay for page charges required by journals in order to publish their research and/or the cost of reprints once their research has been published.
As long as the Page Charge and Reprints account has money, the Office of Research Services and Sponsored Programs will support these costs according to the following guidelines:
- This is a first-come-first-served policy. Therefore, it is wise to plan ahead and always contact the Office of Research Services and Sponsored Programs to inquire about the status of the account before you commit yourselves to any costs that you may not be willing to pay out of your own pocket.
- Requests from faculty members who have accumulated funds through indirect cost distributions will not be honored. The Office of Research Services and Sponsored Programs strongly recommends using indirect cost distribution funds to cover page charges and reprints costs.
- The faculty member must request funding in writing and provide a copy of the publication supported with these funds.
- An amount up to $350 may be requested per year to support page charges and/or reprints costs.
- Every faculty member receiving such funds is obligated to work with the Office of Research Services and Sponsored Programs and submit at least one proposal requesting funding from an external agency within a calendar year from the time he/she received compensation for page charges and/or reprints costs. Future requests will not be honored unless a proposal is submitted.
Effective date: January 2, 2006