1) RN to BSN students must apply to McNeese State University and receive unconditional acceptance to the University prior to the Department of Undergraduate Nursing performing a transcript evaluation.
a. Apply Now
b. Continue by selecting Undergraduate Online/CALL from the 'Application Type dropdown menu.
2) Once you receive your acceptance letter from McNeese State University's Admission Office, contact the Student Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (337) 475-5048. More detailed instructions regarding advisement will be given at the time of contact.
3) RN to BSN students must show current licensure in good standing by the completion of one semester.
3) RN to BSN students must provide the Department of Undergraduate Nursing with copies of their transcript(s). Copies forwarded to the Department of Undergraduate Nursing may be unofficial; however, transcripts submitted to the MSU Admissions' Office must be official. The Department of Undergraduate Nursing may request course descriptions directly from the student to assist with determining transferability of courses.
4) RN to BSN students that attended another university or college within the state of Louisiana may find the Louisiana Board of Regents' Articulation website helpful when determining the transferability of general education and science coursework. View the Board of Regents' Transfer Matrices.
5) The head of the Department of Undergraduate Nursing will make final decisions relevant to the transferability of coursework on a case by case basis. The Department of Undergraduate Nursing reserves the right to limit the number of students to be admitted to nursing courses based on faculty and clinical resources.
RN to BSN Degree Plan
Credit for Certification Exams
Rhonda Johnson, EdD, MSN, RN
RN to BSN Program Coordinator
Hardtner Hall, Suite 205-F
Office (337) 475-5929 or (337) 475-5821
Fax (337) 475-5925