The following changes were made in the 2015-2016 Academic Catalog:
- ART 331 from Area E: Fine Arts
- ART 363 from Area E: Fine Arts
- ART 365 from Area E: Fine Arts
- MATH 122 from Area B: Mathematics/Analytical Reasoning
- MUSC 318 from Area E: Fine Arts
- MUSC 353 from Area E: Fine Arts
- PHSC 235 from Area C: Natural Sciences
- GEOL 103 to Area C: Natural Sciences
- GEOL 210 to Area C: Natural Sciences
The following changes were made in the 2016-2017 Academic Catalog:
- CJUS 111 from Area F: Social/Behavioral Sciences
- GEOG 221 from Area F: Social/Behavioral Sciences
- PSYC 211 from Area F: Social/Behavioral Sciences
- MUSC 218 to Area E: Fine Arts
- MUSC 253 to Area E: Fine Arts
- PHIL 253 to Area D: Humanities
- PHIL 102 from Area D: Humanities to Area B: Mathematics/Analytical Reasoning. This means that for those programs that require a Mathematics/Analytical Reasoning General Education Elective, students are able to take PHIL 102 to fulfill the requirement.
Any programs that were affected by the above changes have been corrected in the respective catalog. The most significant change is the re-categorization of PHIL 102 from the Humanities area to the Mathematics/Analytical Reasoning area, and departments should be mindful of this change as we enter the curriculum change “season” at the end of this month. Please be sure to check all of your programs in the Academic Catalog AND Degree Works to make sure your General Education course requirements/options are correct. If something needs to be changed, a Curriculum Development Form (see attached) will more than likely need to be submitted, but please contact me if you are not sure or have questions.
Thank you for your time, and I wish you all a wonderful start to the Fall 2016 semester!