Student Records Coordinator
Office of the Registrar
McNeese State University invites qualified applicants and nominations for the position of Student Records Coordinator in the Office of the Registrar. This is a full-time, 12-month, unclassified position. The appointment begins July 23, 2018.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The Student Records Coordinator is responsible for functions related to transfer articulation evaluation and works closely with academic departments offices across campus.
Additionally, the Student Records Coordinator will:
- Evaluate and articulate transcripts of transfer students
- Determine accreditation and transfer credits based on criteria as dictated by university policy, University of Louisiana System rules, and Louisiana Board of Regents regulations
- Determine, using research, analysis methods, and collaboration with academic departments, course equivalencies
- Assist in the collection, dissemination, organization, and maintenance of transfer credit information
- Process transfer credits from military transcript evaluations
- Troubleshoot and maintain the transfer articulation in student information system and third party transfer evaluation system used by the university
- Evaluate prior learning assessment programs as accepted by the university including but not limited to, CLEP, AP exam scores, credit based on exams, and university advanced placement programs
- Process student curriculum change request
- Prepare documents for scanning. Scan and index student record documents
- Assist in reverse transfer processes
- Work with technical staff to resolve problems as they arise
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Assistant Registrar, Registrar or Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Self-starter with the ability to exercise initiative, independence, and maturity and function with limited supervisory intervention
- Attentiveness to detail and ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple requests and handle them in an efficient and timely manner
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and commitment to customer service and teamwork
- Ability to generate clear, concise, and grammatically correct business correspondence and other documents
- Ability to thoroughly understand and abide by federal and university guidelines regarding student record confidentiality requirements
- Proficiency in the use of computers; knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications; and ability to search and obtain information from the internet
- Experience with Ellucian Banner
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Materials and Contact:
For the application process, applicants must submit: 1) a letter of application, 2) resume, 3) list of three professional references (include name, phone number, and e-mail address for each), and 4) official or unofficial copies of all college transcripts indicating degrees awarded. Only complete application packets will be considered. Electronic submissions are preferred. Please submit the required documents to:
Mária Raiford, Assistant Registrar
McNeese State University
Lake Charles, LA 70609
Voice: (337) 475-5149
Fax: (337) 475-5189
TDD: (337) 562-4227
McNeese State University, located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, is a public university and a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and al l supporting materials will become public record. All applicants are expected to submit complete and accurate materials as specified in the position announcement. A background check and an English Proficiency assessment will be conducted on selected finalists. We comply with Louisiana Revised Statute 49:1001, et seq, and State of Louisiana Executive Order 98-38, which provides for drug testing of employees, appointees, prospective employees, and prospective appointees. Prospective employees and employees are informed if a drug test is required.
McNeese State University is an AA/EEO/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires McNeese State University to inform applicants that the University can employ only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. Each new employee is required to present documentation verifying his/her identity and right to accept employment.
McNeese State University is a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and all supporting materials will become public record. An executive session pursuant to La. Rev. Stat. 42:6.1(A) may be required.
Persons needing reasonable accommodations as provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact the Equal Opportunity Office: Voice: (337) 475-5428; TDD/TTY, Hearing Impaired: (337) 562-4227; Fax: (337) 475-5960; or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructional Faculty Candidates with foreign degrees must provide official certification of equivalency to U.S. degrees, an official comprehensive course-by-course report and U.S. Equivalency Statement, from World Education Services. The official Credential Evaluation Report and U.S. Equivalency Statement must be submitted directly to the Office of Academic and Student Affairs, Box 93220, Lake Charles, LA 70609; (337)475-5508. Simple translation of the language on foreign diplomas, transcripts, coursework, or similar will NOT suffice and will cause the application packet to be judged as incomplete.