University Computing Services
McNeese State University invites qualified applicants and nominations for the position of Programmer/Analyst in the Department of University Computing Services. This is a full-time, 12-month, unclassified position. The appointment begins October 1, 2018.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The Programmer/Analyst is responsible for functions related to aspects of developing, programming, integration, testing and implementation of applications to support Ellucian Banner. Essential job functions include: analyze user needs and develop solutions to meet user requirements; Develop and maintain administrative applications; develop reports using Evision products Argos and Form Fusion.
- Designs, codes, tests, implements and maintains administrative applications
- May be the lead in major implementation projects
- Responsible for the application system interfaces to various other Administrative systems
- Perform IT best practices and procedures while satisfying end user requests
- Create reports, forms, etc. utilizing Evisions products Argos and Form Fusion
- Communicate well with end users in interpreting and delivering requirements
- Perform unit testing and debugging and determine test conditions
- Write code for enhancing existing programs or developing new programs
- Provide 24/7 support during critical situations
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- One year of related experience and/or training
- Experience with SQL and databases including packages, schemas, tables, views, and procedures
- Ability to work and learn independently, good initiative, self-motivation, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to provide input in a team environment
- Ability to learn new technology and software as they are introduced into the work environment
- Ability to research and solve problems independently using a variety of tools including online knowledge bases, online documentation, printed manuals, etc.
- Experience as an Ellucian Banner/Oracle programmer
- Experience with Evisions Argos and Form Fusion
- Experience with an integrated enterprise database (Banner preferred)
- Proficiency in C, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, Java, PHP and .net skills
- Experience with RedHat Linux and Microsoft Windows
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Materials and Contact:
For the application process, applicants must submit: 1) Letter of Application; 2) Resume; 3) Three References including name, phone number, and e-mail address of each; 4) Unofficial or Official College Transcript(s) verifying degrees awarded. Email submissions are preferred. Only complete application packets will be considered. Please submit the required documents to:
Colleen McCoy, Assistant Director
University Computing Services
McNeese State University
Lake Charles, LA 70609
McNeese State University, located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, is a public university and a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and al l supporting materials will become public record. All applicants are expected to submit complete and accurate materials as specified in the position announcement. A background check and an English Proficiency assessment will be conducted on selected finalists. We comply with Louisiana Revised Statute 49:1001, et seq, and State of Louisiana Executive Order 98-38, which provides for drug testing of employees, appointees, prospective employees, and prospective appointees. Prospective employees and employees are informed if a drug test is required.
McNeese State University is an AA/EEO/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires McNeese State University to inform applicants that the University can employ only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. Each new employee is required to present documentation verifying his/her identity and right to accept employment.
McNeese State University is a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and all supporting materials will become public record. An executive session pursuant to La. Rev. Stat. 42:6.1(A) may be required.
Persons needing reasonable accommodations as provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact the Equal Opportunity Office: Voice: (337) 475-5428; TDD/TTY, Hearing Impaired: (337) 562-4227; Fax: (337) 475-5960; or email@example.com.
Instructional Faculty Candidates with foreign degrees must provide official certification of equivalency to U.S. degrees, an official comprehensive course-by-course report and U.S. Equivalency Statement, from World Education Services. The official Credential Evaluation Report and U.S. Equivalency Statement must be submitted directly to the Office of Academic and Student Affairs, Box 93220, Lake Charles, LA 70609; (337)475-5508. Simple translation of the language on foreign diplomas, transcripts, coursework, or similar will NOT suffice and will cause the application packet to be judged as incomplete.