EDA Administrative Coordinator
Economic Development Administration (EDA) University Center
McNeese State University invites qualified applicants for the position of EDA Administrative Coordinator in the EDA University Center. This is a full-time, 12-month, unclassified position. The appointment begins October 15, 2018.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This position is to serve as an administrative coordinator for activities proposed within the EDA grant and the Institute for Industry – Education Collaboration (IIEC). This employee will perform duties to deliver outstanding customer service, oversee registration processes, assist director, and other coordinators to establish office priorities and ensure a smooth flow occurs within the EDA program and IIEC. The EDA Administrative Coordinator:
- Processes registrations.
- Compiles information and data entry into internal database system.
- Transfer monies in accounts as necessary.
- Provides customer service for IIEC courses.
- Attends and records minutes for the Engineering Industrial Advisory Board (IAB) and the Lake Area Industries/McNeese Engineering Partnership (LAI/MEP) meetings.
- Maintains and prioritizes appointments/calendar.
- Types and/or composes confidential letters, memos, reports, forms, etc. in addition to other clerical functions relevant to the department.
- Monitors packet preparation for classes.
- Coordinates room assignments, handouts, textbook and other materials needed for class instructor.
- Prepares purchase requisitions using internal operating system.
- Monitors enrollment in classes communicating to director if classes are full, low enrollment, or endanger of cancelling.
- Answers and screens phone calls, greets customers.
- Assists with mail outs of letters, brochures, forms, etc.
- Receives and processes general incoming mail daily.
- Organizes, maintains, and updates files.
- Supervises and assigns work to student workers.
- Assists the director, coordinator, or classified staff with various tasks as the need arises.
- Assists with administrative duties when necessary.
- Assists with the smooth flow of the office in the absence of the executive director.
Sometimes the position requires work before 7:45 a.m. and/or after 4:30 p.m.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Proficiency of MS Office Suite
- Ability to work hours outside a typical workday 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
October 10, 2018
Application Materials and Contact:
Applicants should electronically submit: 1) a letter of application; 2) resume; 3) list of three references (include name, phone number, and e-mail address of each); and 4) copy of official/unofficial transcripts for the application process. Please electronically submit the required documents to: Dr. Nikos Kiritsis, Dean, College of Engineering and Computer Science at email@example.com.
McNeese State University, located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, is a public university and a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and al l supporting materials will become public record. All applicants are expected to submit complete and accurate materials as specified in the position announcement. A background check and an English Proficiency assessment will be conducted on selected finalists. We comply with Louisiana Revised Statute 49:1001, et seq, and State of Louisiana Executive Order 98-38, which provides for drug testing of employees, appointees, prospective employees, and prospective appointees. Prospective employees and employees are informed if a drug test is required.
McNeese State University is an AA/EEO/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires McNeese State University to inform applicants that the University can employ only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. Each new employee is required to present documentation verifying his/her identity and right to accept employment.
McNeese State University is a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and all supporting materials will become public record. An executive session pursuant to La. Rev. Stat. 42:6.1(A) may be required.
Persons needing reasonable accommodations as provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact the Equal Opportunity Office: Voice: (337) 475-5428; TDD/TTY, Hearing Impaired: (337) 562-4227; Fax: (337) 475-5960; or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructional Faculty Candidates with foreign degrees must provide official certification of equivalency to U.S. degrees, an official comprehensive course-by-course report and U.S. Equivalency Statement, from World Education Services. The official Credential Evaluation Report and U.S. Equivalency Statement must be submitted directly to the Office of Academic and Student Affairs, Box 93220, Lake Charles, LA 70609; (337)475-5508. Simple translation of the language on foreign diplomas, transcripts, coursework, or similar will NOT suffice and will cause the application packet to be judged as incomplete.