Coordinator of Recruiting
Office of Admissions and Recruiting
McNeese State University invites qualified applicants and nominations for the position of Coordinator of Recruiting in the Office of Admissions and Recruiting. This is a full-time, 12-month, unclassified position. The appointment begins October 15, 2018 or soon thereafter.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The Coordinator of Recruiting is responsible for assisting the Director of Admissions & Recruiting with the development, implementation, and management of comprehensive recruitment and outreach strategies. The Coordinator of Recruiting will:
- Work closely with the Coordinator of Student Engagement & Outreach and University Computing Services’ staff to maintain the University’s CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system
- Maintain and ensure the accuracy and consistency of data in the CRM
- Assist the director with the scheduling of recruiting visits and the development and implementation of follow-up activities to recruiting visits
- Collaborate with the director and admission counselors to develop, implement, and maintain communication plans for prospective students and applicants
- Gather and analyze recruitment and enrollment data and collaborate with the director to develop recruitment targets and formulate short- and long-term strategies to increase enrollment
- Assist the director with the assessment and evaluation of recruitment strategies and the reevaluation of goals, objectives, and strategies based on outcomes
- Monetize recruitment activities by calculating and inputting expense data into the CRM
- Collaborate with the director, the University’s Marketing Director, and other areas to disseminate web-based and hard-copy recruiting and publication materials
- Monitor supplies and equipment to ensure adequate levels and functionality is maintained, complete inventory reports for the department, request transfer of property, and request servicing of equipment
- Effectively use and maintain current knowledge of Banner, Campus Management Radius (CRM), BDM, Argos, and other systems used by the University
- Scan and index documents in BDM
- Assist in the planning and organizing of preview days, high school counselor conferences, and other special events hosted by the office
- Maintain current and accurate knowledge of policies and procedures related to admissions, orientation, transfer credit processes, scholarships, TOPS, financial aid, student services activities, residence halls, academic programs, athletics, student organizations, etc.
- Counsel prospective students/parents concerning admissions standards, scholarships, financial aid, housing, etc.
- When needed, represent McNeese at college fairs and community events. Minimal local and overnight travel may be required
- Complete all other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions and Recruiting or the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks with competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Advanced expertise in Excel, spreadsheets, and database applications
- Strong customer service and commitment to collaborative teamwork
- Effective written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to lift 30 lbs on a regular basis
- Valid driver’s license, excellent driving record, and access to reliable transportation
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Experience with managing a CRM
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Materials and Contact:
For the application process, applicants should submit 1) letter of application addressing the responsibilities and qualifications described in this announcement; 2) resume; 3) list of three professional references (include name, phone number, and e-mail address for each; and 4) unofficial transcripts verifying degree(s) awarded. E-mail submissions are preferred. Only complete application packets will be considered. Please submit the required documents to:
Director of Admissions & Recruiting
McNeese State University
Lake Charles, LA 70609
McNeese State University, located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, is a public university and a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and al l supporting materials will become public record. All applicants are expected to submit complete and accurate materials as specified in the position announcement. A background check and an English Proficiency assessment will be conducted on selected finalists. We comply with Louisiana Revised Statute 49:1001, et seq, and State of Louisiana Executive Order 98-38, which provides for drug testing of employees, appointees, prospective employees, and prospective appointees. Prospective employees and employees are informed if a drug test is required.
McNeese State University is an AA/EEO/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires McNeese State University to inform applicants that the University can employ only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. Each new employee is required to present documentation verifying his/her identity and right to accept employment.
McNeese State University is a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and all supporting materials will become public record. An executive session pursuant to La. Rev. Stat. 42:6.1(A) may be required.
Persons needing reasonable accommodations as provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact the Equal Opportunity Office: Voice: (337) 475-5428; TDD/TTY, Hearing Impaired: (337) 562-4227; Fax: (337) 475-5960; or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructional Faculty Candidates with foreign degrees must provide official certification of equivalency to U.S. degrees, an official comprehensive course-by-course report and U.S. Equivalency Statement, from World Education Services. The official Credential Evaluation Report and U.S. Equivalency Statement must be submitted directly to the Office of Academic and Student Affairs, Box 93220, Lake Charles, LA 70609; (337)475-5508. Simple translation of the language on foreign diplomas, transcripts, coursework, or similar will NOT suffice and will cause the application packet to be judged as incomplete.