On-Call Athlete Tutors
Department - Athletics - Student Athlete Services
Number of Positions: 10
The On-Call Athlete Tutors in the Department of Athletic – Student-Athlete Services is a one-semester part-time position. All student employees are hired on a semester basis.
Salary: $20/ hour
Expectation of Time: maximum of 5 hours per week
Employment Dates: 1/19/21- 5/6/21
- Offer tutoring in various subjects
- Assistance with academic skills for scholarship student-athletes as needed
- Flexible schedules to work around team practices and games
- Willingness to work in a variety of platforms (in-person, email, phone, zoom)
- Genuine commitment to the academic success of the student-athletes
- Sophomore/Junior/Senior standing preferred but not required
- High performing full-time McNeese Students with time management, communication, organizational and study skills.
- Must have the commitment and enthusiasm for helping students.
Subject knowledge to cover:
- Math (Contemporary, College Algebra, Finite, Pre-calculus, Calculus, and Statistics)
- English Composition and Literature
- Sciences ( Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Anatomy)
- Other Subjects possibly needed in Accounting/Business courses
Email Resume with McNeese ID, 1-2 references to speak on your academic success and skills, and the list of courses that you can tutor. Application materials should be submitted to:
Director of Student-Athlete Services
McNeese State Athletics
McNeese State University, located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, is a public university and a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and all supporting materials will become public record. All applicants are expected to submit complete and accurate materials as specified in the position announcement. A background check and an English Proficiency assessment will be conducted on selected finalists. We comply with Louisiana Revised Statute 49:1001, et seq, and State of Louisiana Executive Order 98-38, which provides for drug testing of employees, appointees, prospective employees, and prospective appointees. Prospective employees and employees are informed if a drug test is required.
McNeese State University is an AA/EEO/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires McNeese State University to inform applicants that the University can employ only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. Each new employee is required to present documentation verifying his/her identity and right to accept employment.
McNeese State University is a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and all supporting materials will become public record. An executive session pursuant to La. Rev. Stat. 42:6.1(A) may be required.
Persons needing reasonable accommodations as provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact the Equal Opportunity Office: Voice: (337) 475-5428; TDD/TTY, Hearing Impaired: (337) 562-4227; Fax: (337) 475-5960; or firstname.lastname@example.org.