Frazar Memorial Library
The Graduate Assistant position in Frazar Memorial Library is a one-semester part-time appointment. All student employees are hired on a semester basis.
Salary: $11.11 per hour and one-half tuition exemption
Employment Dates: January 14, 2019 – May 10, 2019
The department supervisor will determine specific duties for each shift and/or for the entire semester, which may include the following:
- Shelving Books
- Opening and closing the library (depending upon work schedule)
- Shifting collections / materials
- Collecting data and statistics
- Shelf-reading (verifying books are in order)
- Assisting patrons with research and technical assistance in person, by phone, and online
- Conducting inventory projects
- Maintaining printer, copier paper and toner supplies to include filling printers and copiers
- Maintaining cleanliness and order
- Special projects assigned by staff
- Sufficient mobility and dexterity to move around the library
- Retrieve and carry materials from library shelves and cabinets to include standing, walking, stooping, bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 35 lbs
- Ability to perform computer work for extended periods of time
- Minimum of 6 credit hours enrollment
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA at the time of appointment
- Previous Library work experience
Application Materials and Contact: Resume, class schedule, and application form – available at www.libguides.mcneese.edu/graduateassistants. Email or deliver application materials to:
Frazar Memorial Library 108
McNeese State University, located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, is a public university and a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and all supporting materials will become public record. All applicants are expected to submit complete and accurate materials as specified in the position announcement. A background check and an English Proficiency assessment will be conducted on selected finalists. We comply with Louisiana Revised Statute 49:1001, et seq, and State of Louisiana Executive Order 98-38, which provides for drug testing of employees, appointees, prospective employees, and prospective appointees. Prospective employees and employees are informed if a drug test is required.
McNeese State University is an AA/EEO/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires McNeese State University to inform applicants that the University can employ only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. Each new employee is required to present documentation verifying his/her identity and right to accept employment.
McNeese State University is a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and all supporting materials will become public record. An executive session pursuant to La. Rev. Stat. 42:6.1(A) may be required.
Persons needing reasonable accommodations as provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact the Equal Opportunity Office: Voice: (337) 475-5428; TDD/TTY, Hearing Impaired: (337) 562-4227; Fax: (337) 475-5960; or firstname.lastname@example.org.