Athletic Marketing Graduate Assistant
McNeese Athletic Department
The Athletic Marketing Graduate Assistant in the McNeese Athletic Department is a one semester part-time position. All student employees are hired on a semester basis.
Employment Dates: January 2019
Salary: $3000 for the semester
- Design and create all digital marketing content for social media, website, and revenue generation avenues.
- Assist in marketing and promotions for all athletic events
- Coordinate the Kid’s Club and Rowdy’s Readers programs.
- Design promotional graphics for athletic events.
- Assist in any social media initiatives and projects.
- Assist in day-to-day operations in the ticket office. This includes but is not limited to sales, renewals, data entry etc.
- Working in the ticket office on game day, processing sales and player guest tickets.
- Assist with the setup and break down of all athletic events.
- Assist in game day and event operations, including game day music and stadium promotions, instant replay coordination, and event staffing
- On occasion these duties will include working evenings and weekends.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sport Management/marketing or a related field.
- Experience working in intercollegiate athletic marketing.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop
- Preferred experience with video marketing, and social media video
- Preferred experience with public social media accounts.
Email a cover letter, resume, portfolio examples of previous works and a list of 3 references to Assistant AD Tanner Stines at email@example.com.
McNeese State University, located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, is a public university and a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and all supporting materials will become public record. All applicants are expected to submit complete and accurate materials as specified in the position announcement. A background check and an English Proficiency assessment will be conducted on selected finalists. We comply with Louisiana Revised Statute 49:1001, et seq, and State of Louisiana Executive Order 98-38, which provides for drug testing of employees, appointees, prospective employees, and prospective appointees. Prospective employees and employees are informed if a drug test is required.
McNeese State University is an AA/EEO/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires McNeese State University to inform applicants that the University can employ only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. Each new employee is required to present documentation verifying his/her identity and right to accept employment.
McNeese State University is a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and all supporting materials will become public record. An executive session pursuant to La. Rev. Stat. 42:6.1(A) may be required.
Persons needing reasonable accommodations as provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact the Equal Opportunity Office: Voice: (337) 475-5428; TDD/TTY, Hearing Impaired: (337) 562-4227; Fax: (337) 475-5960; or firstname.lastname@example.org.