Assistant Professor of Management/Department Head
Opportunities Start Here
Department or College - Department of Business Disciplines/College of Business
MCNEESE STATE UNIVERSITY invites applicants for the position of Assistant Professor of Management/Department Head
The College of Business at McNeese State University invites qualified applicants and nominations for the position of Assistant Professor of Management/Department Head. Associate Professor Rank may be considered. The selected candidate will appreciate and embrace each of the disciplines housed in the department and will provide leadership and a vision for further academic, research, and service collaborations within the Collage of Business. This is a full-time, tenure-track position with additional income available during the summer session. The appointment begins in Fall 2022.
College of Business: The College of Business currently has approximately 23 full-time faculty and offer undergraduate degrees in Accounting, General Business Administration, Finance, Management, Marketing, a graduate MBA, and a new Certificate in LNG Business. The College of Business provides student-centric undergraduate and master’s programs that produce graduates with the skills and experience to compete responsibly, professionally, and successfully in our region and beyond. An AACSB-accredited college with over 800 students, the College of Business is located in a region with thriving industrial and petrochemical growth.
Position Number: F99512
Position Description and Responsibilities
The candidate is responsible for ensuring outstanding teaching through classroom engagement and participation in a face-to-face environment. The candidate also needs to understand the complexities of online teaching. The candidate must contribute intellectually through publications in quality journals and collaborate with their fellow peers. For the service component, the candidate will serve on committees at both the college and university level, be actively involved in college recruitment, and advise students. The candidate must be scholarly academic per AACSB standards. In addition, the candidate will:
- Provide leadership in developing and implementing the department’s strategic plan and vision that aligns with the goals of the University
- Maintain a climate within the College that is hospitable and encourages faculty and staff engagement, participation, collegiality, and innovation in an environment of shared governance
- Grow the academic unit by improving existing academic programs, developing new and innovative academic programs that align with the University’s strategic plan
- Adhere to the principles of shared academic governance, especially the collaborative development of appropriate procedures for governance
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality teaching and support faculty teaching enhancement
- Maintain a quality academic environment that supports faculty research and participation in academic communities
- Manage day-to-day administrative activities including student advising and counseling, scheduling courses, coordinating faculty schedules, and monitoring and being responsive to student success metrics
- Manage AACSB Accounting Accreditation Continuous Improvement Review
- Formulate and communicate recommendations for hiring, tenure, promotion, retention and evaluation of a diverse set of faculty and departmental support staff
- Prepare budget requests, establish expenditure priorities, and fairly and equitably administer the budget
- Terminal degree in Management or a related field
- Distinguished academic career
- Successful experience in managing AASCB Continuous Improvement Review
- Proven experience in University-level teaching, research, and administration
- Experience developing and growing traditional and online academic programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of higher education issues at the national and global level
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and fairness, and the promotion of academic values
- Strong commitment to high standards and rigor in teaching and research
- Managerial/supervisory experience and commitment to mentoring faculty, instructors, and staff
- Proven experience in building alliances and partnerships across the university and beyond with the business community and other stakeholders
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build consensus
- Strong time management, organizational skills, and budgeting experience
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
Application Materials and Contact
To apply for this vacancy, and to ensure full consideration, applicants must submit the required documents listed below:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three Professional References (include: name, phone number, and email address)
- Unofficial Transcripts for all degrees earned
- Student evaluations of instruction
- Evidence of excellence in research and scholarly activity
Please submit the required materials via email as pdf files to: Dr. Mitchell Adrian at firstname.lastname@example.org
All job offers are contingent upon the successful result of a criminal background check and receipt of transcript(s).
MCNEESE STATE UNIVERSITY:
McNeese State University, located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, is a public university and a member of the University of Louisiana System. For over 75 years, McNeese State University has been trusted and respected as an institution of innovation and academic excellence. Our university is recognized as having one of the best returns on investment for tuition and high average starting salaries for its graduates. With over 100 undergraduate academic programs and 36 graduate degrees to choose from, a thriving athletics tradition and vibrant campus life, McNeese offers all the benefits of a large university with a personalized touch. Our mission is to change lives and our motto, ‘Excellence with a Personal Touch’ describes the close professional bonds between the faculty and students.
McNeese State University serves as the academic and cultural center for Southwest Louisiana. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in the state, McNeese provides well-qualified employees to the local petrochemical, agricultural and hospitality industries, as well as hospitals and public and private schools throughout SWLA and beyond. Our region has seen a decade of unprecedented growth in the petrochemical industry. Our latest growth is in LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas), as approximately 50% of the nation’s LNG passes through our region.
GENERAL UNIVERSITY INFORMATION:
McNeese State University, located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, is a public university and a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and all supporting materials will become public record. All applicants are expected to submit complete and accurate materials as specified in the position announcement. A background check and an English Proficiency assessment (Faculty Only) will be conducted on selected finalists. We comply with Louisiana Revised Statute 49:1001, et seq, and State of Louisiana Executive Order 98-38, which provides for drug testing of employees, appointees, prospective employees, and prospective appointees. Prospective employees and employees are informed if a drug test is required.
McNeese State University is an AA/EEO/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires McNeese State University to inform applicants that the University can employ only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. Each new employee is required to present documentation verifying his/her identity and right to accept employment. McNeese participates in E-Verify.
Louisiana Revised Statute 42:31-“Eligibility requirements for certain unclassified employees”-requires any person hired or employed in an unclassified position, whose annual salary or rate of compensation is equal to or exceeds one hundred thousand dollars, provide proof to his public employer that he has been issued a Louisiana driver’s license and that all vehicles registered in his name are registered in Louisiana within thirty days of being hired or employed at such salary.
Persons needing reasonable accommodations as provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact the Office of Human Resources: Voice: (337) 475-5102; TDD/TTY, Hearing Impaired: (337) 562-4227; Fax: (337) 475-5104; or email@example.com.
Transcripts from Foreign Universities: Prospective faculty submitting transcripts from foreign universities or schools must have the coursework evaluated for equivalency to United States-accredited coursework by a University-approved agency. The prospective faculty member is responsible for the cost of the evaluation. McNeese typically accepts evaluations by World Education Services (www.wes.org) or Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.www.ece.org.