We Change Lives
Graduation Date and Information
Saturday, May 16, 202020. A livestream of the event will be available through Facebook for family members and friends unable to attend commencement.
Traffic and Parking9:30 a.m. Ceremony2:00 p.m. CeremonyTicketsGuest SeatingProhibited ItemsCommencement EtiquetteMcNeese Fan Shop
Due to parking limitations around the H&HP Complex, guests should arrive early. Accessible parking is reserved near the main entrance. All parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Only guests traveling with their graduate will be allowed to park in the lot reserved for graduates.
View Larger Version
View Larger Version
First Ceremony Academic Colleges
- College of Business
- Burton College of Education
- College of Nursing and Health Professions
- Doors open at 8:00 a.m.
- During the morning ceremony an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree will be presented to State Senator Dan “Blade” Morrish.
Schedule of Events
Second Ceremony Academic Colleges
- College of Agricultural Sciences
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Science, Engineering and Mathematics
- Doors open at 12:30 p.m.
Schedule of Events
- All guests, regardless of age, are required to have a ticket to enter the H&HP Complex. Each graduate received nine guest tickets.
- Only graduates will be allowed on the arena floor. Individuals will not be allowed on the floor of the arena to take personal photographs. Photographs of graduates will be taken during the ceremony by a commercial photography service. Each graduate will be contacted directly by the company for order placement.
- Doors to the H&HP Complex will open 1 ½ hours before the start of the ceremony. Seating is available on a first-come basis so groups should plan to arrive early in order to find seats together.
- Wheelchair accessible seating is located on the third level and is accessed by using the elevator in the lobby.
- If a schedule adjustment is necessary, information will be shared via email, social media (facebook.com/McNeeseStateU, Instagram.com/mcneese, twitter.com/mcneese) McNeese website, KBYS 88.3 FM, and local news media.
- For security purposes, all commencement attendees are asked to limit the handbags, camera bags and tote bags they bring with them to only those that are absolutely necessary. All articles brought into the facility will be subject to search and this may delay attendees from entering the H&HP Complex.
- To ensure a safe and comfortable commencement, the following items are strictly prohibited from being brought into the H&HP Complex:
- • Containers of any kind (including but not limited to coolers, thermoses, cups, bottles, cans, flasks)
- • Aerosol and spray cans
- • Animals (except for service animals for persons with a disability)
- • Balloons and beach balls
- • Alcoholic beverages
- • Weapons
- • Signs, banners, and flags
- • Laser pointers
- • Noisemakers (including but not limited to whistles, air horns, bull horns, sirens, thunder sticks, etc.)
- • Strollers
- • Drones
- • Confetti, glitter, streamers, and silly string
- • Fireworks, party poppers, and sparklers
- Commencement is a ceremonious occasion honoring every graduate’s accomplishments. Guests are encouraged to remain for the duration of the ceremony.
- • Once seated, all participants are expected to stay until the conclusion of the ceremony.
- • Cell phones and other electronic devices should be silenced.
- • Candidates should plan to meet their guests outside the H&HP Complex or at an off-site location, as guests are not allowed on the arena floor or stage.
- • In keeping with McNeese tradition, each degree candidate shakes hands with the President as his/her name is called. The last degree candidate is as important as the first so we ask guests to be considerate and keep celebratory applause to a minimum so that each graduate’s name can be heard.
- • During the commencement ceremony, instructions will be given via the stage announcer. Graduates and guests are asked to listen for announcements and remain seated until otherwise instructed.
The McNeese Fan Shop, located in the lobby just outside the Arena, will be open from 8-9:30 a.m. for the morning ceremony 1-3:30 p.m. for the afternoon ceremony and will feature McNeese-themed gift items for graduates.
Jump to Top