The Smart Choice
Welcome to Parent Orientation 2023! We are excited that you will be visiting our campus and learning more about how you can best support your student during their journey to becoming a college graduate.
During parent orientation, you will discover on-campus support services available for your student, like accessibility services, tutoring, and health and counseling services. You will also learn about student financial matters, like financial aid and scholarships, tuition and fee bills, setting up installment plans and other payment options, and purchasing textbooks and supplies. You will have the opportunity to tour campus and find out more information about campus housing, meal plan options, recreational facilities and more.
When your student registers for one of the three Cowboy Camp Freshman Orientation sessions, they have the option to provide parent/ guardian contact information.
Cowboy Camp Freshman Orientation Dates (for students)
Dates / Times
- May 31 – June 1
- June 21 – June 22
- July 12 – July 13
Parent Orientation Details
Dates / Times
- May 31 (1:15 – 4:00 p.m.)
- June 21 (1:15 – 4:00 p.m.)
- July 12 (1:15 – 4:00 p.m.)
*Note: These dates coincide with students’ first day of Cowboy Camp Freshman Orientation. This allows for parents/guardians to use the second day as needed
Parent Orientation Location
- Parent Orientation will begin in Tritico Theater located at 340 East Sale Road, Lake Charles, Louisiana 70609 https://www.mcneese.edu/campusmaps/ (building #45 on the map)
- Parking is available in the parking lot located to the east of Tritico Theatre
- Parent Orientation will end in the Student Union La Jeunesse Room https://www.mcneese.edu/campusmaps/ (building #18 on the map)
- Tritico can be chilly, even when it is hot outside, so bring a light jacket to help you remain comfortable.
- Parent Orientation is optional for parents, but participation is encouraged
- Parents/guardians can attend any of the 3 Parent Orientation dates referenced above
- Parent Orientation will begin immediately following the 12:30 p.m. –1:15 p.m. Cowboy Camp Opening Assembly with Parents and Students in Tritico Theatre
- Please wear comfortable shoes as there will be a short walking tour, and bring an umbrella in the event of summer afternoon rain showers.
- There is no registration required for Parent Orientation
Parent Orientation Agenda
Day 1 of Cowboy Camp New Student Orientation: May 31, June 21, and July 12, 2023
|12:30 – 1:15 p.m.||Cowboy Camp Opening Assembly with Students and Parents|
Tritico Theater –Parent Orientation will begin right after this portion
|1:30 p.m.||Start of Parent Orientation- Welcome|
Student Rights and Responsibilities
Student Health, Engagement and Success Services
|2:15 p.m.||Campus Safety and Security|
|3:00 p.m.||Parent/Family Brief Walking Tour through Quad|
Abbreviated tour from Tritico Theater to La Jeunesse Room for final session
|3:15 p.m.||Money Matters|
|4:00 p.m. ||Dismissal|
Parents and family will be encouraged to visit the following locations that are open until 5:00 p.m. today:
• Bookstore – 20% discount to all customers who say they are attending Cowboy Camp Parent Orientation
• Housing/Residence Life Office
• Dining Services
• Accessibility Services
• Student Central
*These places will be open the following day from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
*The McNeese Office of Recruiting will provide campus tours for parents at 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on June 1, June 22, and July 13 (the day after Parent Orientation). Parents that attend Parent Orientation who wish to participate should arrive at Chozen Hall at least five minutes before the tour start time. No advance registration is required for the tours.
Things to do, places to stay, and places to eat in Lake Charles
There is always something fun to do, something exciting to see and something amazing to eat, here in Lake Charles. For a full calendar of events and suggestions on museums, exhibits, festivals, attractions and restaurants you can enjoy while you are here, check out www.visitlakecharles.org.