ALL requests are FREE of charge.
OPTION 1: Data Retrieval Through Your FAFSA (in lieu of Tax Return Transcript)
- Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Choose “Start a New FAFSA” if you have not done a 2015-2016 FAFSA yet.
If you have already completed a FAFSA, choose the “Login” option and then “Make FAFSA Correction”
- Under Student/Parent Financial Information” tab there are several tax filing questions. You must be able to answer No to all questions in order to qualify to use the Data Retrieval tool.
- Once you answer No to all questions, click the “Link to IRS” button.
- Students will not have to enter their PIN.
- A Parent will have to submit their 4 digit FAFSA PIN (the number used to sign the FAFSA) in order to use the Data Retrieval.
- When your information has been transferred to your FAFSA, please be sure and complete the “Sign and Submit” tab also. You should get a confirmation page once your Application/Correction has been successfully submitted.
OPTION 2: Receive Paper Copy by Mail (You must go online to request)
- Available on the IRS Web site at www.irs.gov
- In the TOOLS section of the homepage click “Get Transcript of your Tax Records”
- Select “Get Transcript by Mail”
- Enter the tax filer’s Social Security Number, date of birth, street address, and zip or postal code. Use the address currently on file with the IRS. Generally this will be the address that was listed on the latest tax return filed. However, if an address change has been completed through the US Postal Service, the IRS may have the updated address on file.
- Click “Continue”
- In the Type of Transcript field, select “Return Transcript” and in the Tax Year field, select “2014”.
- If successfully validated, tax filers can expect to receive a paper IRS Tax Return Transcript at the address included in their online request, within 5 to 10 days from the time the on-line request was successfully transmitted to the IRS.
OPTION 3: Telephone Request
- Call 1-800-908-9946
- An IRS Representative will assist you. A paper copy will be mailed to you, within 5 to 10 days.
OPTION 4: Local IRS Office (Face-to-face Tax Help)
One Lake Shore Dr. (located in the Capital One Building)
Suite 450 (4th Floor)
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Closed for lunch 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m.